28

| september 15th, 2000 |
| Friday |

"Congratulations to the class of two thousand!"

We all threw our caps in the air as everyone cheered. I couldn't believe I finally finished college and was now about to walk into the real world. I looked around at everyone hugging and I saw a few of my friends come over and we all huddled together.

They said what they were planning on doing and said there was another party tonight at one of their houses. I told them I might make it but not sure yet, then we said our goodbyes and wished each other good luck.

Afterwards, I walked away and saw Elkie standing with her new fiance. I smiled as I approached her and she pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around her and felt her arms tighten around me before hearing her tell me how proud she was of me.

"I always knew you'd make something out of yourself." She smiles. "I know your parents would have been proud."

Nodding, I greeted her fiance before looking around until I saw Hanbin walking towards me. I excused myself as I walked towards him and saw him smiling at me.

"Congrats." He said as I rushed to his arms and wrapped my arms around his neck before kissing him. "I knew you could do it."

"Yeah, I knew too. Thanks for being my support system." I chuckle as I felt his hands on my sides.

It's been a rough seven months. It was getting harder and harder with every passing month, knowing that it was closer to the end and everything was a little hectic.

"So, where to now Miss Chou?" We walked hand in hand away from everything and met Elkie in the parking lot.

"You want to go out to eat?" She asks.

Nodding, that didn't sound like a bad idea. "Let me change cause I'm not wearing this dress out to eat." I kissed Hanbin bye before getting into my car and leaving the parking lot.

When I arrived at the apartment, I grabbed my diploma and plaque before walking inside and feeling an overwhelming urge to scream cause it was finally over. I made it this far and I have even farther to go.

It was all too real at the moment.

I told Elkie and them to meet me at my apartment and I could just ride over to the restuarant with Hanbin.

After I was ready, I placed my plague on the bedside table and smiled at it as I heard someone knock on the door. I walked out and went to the door before opening it and seeing Hanbin standing there.

He smiled then I made sure I had everything and locked the door back before walking to his car and see Elkie waiting for us in her vehicle.

She still had the same car, just like I did. I would occasionally come over and help her figure it out when she would call and tell me she was having problems with it, but most of the time her knew fiance would work on it cause he was good at vehicles.

The ride over there was filled with laughter and random singing lessons from Hanbin as he was listening to rock music.

The new rock was ok but nothing beat the old ones.

I wasn't a fan of the new ones.

But it was ok.

Looking out the window, I saw the trees passing by and saw the sun shining down. It was only four in the afternoon and it was the perfect weather to do whatever I wanted.

"You nervous about starting a life?" Hanbin asks.

I shrugged as I look over at him as he was watching the road. "A little, but I know I'm ready."

He smiles at me. "Where are you going to make your first therapist office?"

Looking at him, I shrug as I never really thought about it this far. I was a little stuck as to what I was going to do as far as office or wherever I was going to go.

"I think they have an opening in one of the offices here in the city." Hanbin said. "You could stop there and ask, see what you need to do."

Nodding, I smiled at him. "That sounds good."

"I can come with you if you want." He said.

I look at him then out the window. "Thanks."

It was a lot to take in at the moment and right now.. I just wanted to not think about the heavy things and focus on the now until it was time face reality.

-

After we got done eating, I hugged Elkie and she told me that would come to visit me as much as possible. I told her that I was holding her against it and I'll be waiting for her visit at least three times a week.

Hanbin drove me home and I look over at him as he was driving. He caught me staring at him then smiled as he looked back at the road. "What's on your mind?"

"Everything." I sighed. "I just don't know where to even start."

He slipped his hand in mine and smiled over at me. "You'll figure it out, Tzuyu. No rush. Take it one step at a time. I'll be here with you through it all, I promise."

I smiled at him as I knew he was going to be here no matter what. I sighed as I looked out the window and thoughts of Sana started invading my mind as I couldn't help but see her face in my mind.

After he dropped me off, I went inside and saw my roommate on the couch. She rushed to me and hugged me, telling me that she was proud of me and knew that we both could do it without wanting to burn the building down.

I smiled at her before grabbing a drink from the fridge and going to the couch with her. We sat there and watching tv, talked about whatever was on our minds then the subject of Hanbin came out of her mouth.

"Are you going to marry him?"

I gave her a look as I held onto my can. "Um, I don't know." I chuckle. "It's a little too soon. We've only been together for six months."

"But have you thought about spending the rest of your life with him?" She asks.

Shrugging, I look down at my can and thought about Sana then shook my head. I sighed then looked up at her as she was watching me. I never told her about Sana, knowing that it was going to bring up a lot of questions and thoughts I wasn't ready for.

She knew I was bi, but never knew about Sana.

Telling her was just going to bring up too many memories and thoughts that I'm trying so hard to forget. I knew that sometimes my mind wanders off to her and it's something I can't control.

"What's wrong, Tzuyu?" She asks.

I chuckle. "Nothing. Just tired and ready for the real world to knock my ass out."

She chuckles as she nods then leans back into the couch and looks at the tv. "Yeah, we're about to make something great in this world." She looks at me. "You think our friendship could last after we go our separate ways?"

Nodding, I smiled at her. "Of course. Just keep in touch with each other."

We watched tv and occasionally would talk about our plans for the future. She told me I could stay here with her as long as I wanted to until I got on my own feet and found another place.

I told her that it was a long ways away from me finding a place of my own and I appreciated that she would let me stay here for a little while.

After a few hours of talking to her and it was already night time, we made dinner and ate then got ready for bed. I laid down in my bed and stared at the ceiling with so many thoughts running through my head.

What was going to happen in the near future?

How far was I going to go with my life and not want to give up?

Sighing, I rolled over before shutting my eyes and trying to fall asleep with so many thoughts about what was coming next.