31

| september 5th, 2005 |
| Monday |

I smiled at her as we said our goodbyes then shut the door and leaned against it before sighing. It was a long day and that was my last client of the day and I was thankful for that.

I needed to go home and relax in a bubble bath, letting all my worries melt away. I was stressed to the max and all my muscles were tight, dealing with clients and their issues while trying to understand all their problems can really put a strain on me.

But thank god I can finally go home and relax, before dealing with Hanbin of course. I never can catch a break with him and it's exhausting me.

Yesterday was still a dream to me. I couldn't sleep last night cause I was too excited over what happened and this morning, I thought I was dreaming when I saw the keys on my keychain.

I didn't tell Hanbin yet. I figured I could tell him today after work then find out what he has to say about it.

Knowing that the house needs a lot of work and Hanbin probably doesn't want to spend any money into a house, more than what he's putting into his at the moment.

None of that matters though because this is my house and I'll be putting my own money into it if Hanbin doesn't agree with anything.

But if I can just tell him that I really want this house then maybe he'll realize it's worth all the hard work it needs.

Then again, I will love to do all the work to it myself.

I don't need a man to help me with anything in life when I can do it my damn self.

That's why I need a break from everything. I need to be set free and breathe a little. I've been trapped for too long and it's really starting to get to me.

After work, I went back to Hanbin's house and was trying to figure out how to tell him about the house. I knew that it was a long road ahead to make this house liveable and I was willing to spend every last penny I had on it.

Walking in, I saw Hanbin standing in the kitchen and he smiled when he saw me. "Hey, hun. I made some food."

I hung my keys up then stared at the other set of keys hanging off of them. I smiled then turned my attention to Hanbin as I leaned on the counter.

"When I went to the Cafe yesterday." I watch as he nodded as he kept cooking. "I saw a sign that was on the side of the road for a house for sale."

"Really? What house and where is it located?"

I watch him for a moment. "It's on Richards street."

He thought for a moment before nodding. "I know where that's at. It's a few blocks on the left, right?" I nod. "You want to go check it out?"

"I already did." I watch as he looks at me. "I also looked at it nine years ago when it was still for sale."

"Well? What's the price and how big is the house?"

"It's free."

He looks at me for a moment before furrowing his eyebrows. "Free?" I nod. "Ok? Did you talk to the owner already?"

"Yeah, I did. He came by when I was looking at it. We talked and he said that he wanted to give it to me for free. Just as long as I take care of it."

I watch as he makes a face then continues to cook. "This sounds a little too good to be true, Tzuyu. Do you even know the guy?"

"Richard Brown is his name. Said his father owned the house back in the seventies then gave it to him. He had no use for it, so he wanted to sell it but nobody wanted to buy it."

"Nobody wanted to buy it." He mimicked. "That sounds like something is seriously wrong with this house. I mean, who the hell would just give a house away?"

I watch him for a moment. "It's not in the best shape."

"Ah, there it is." He chuckles. "So.. damage, huh? How much damage? Too much to be fixed?"

Shrugging, I look at him. "It can be fixed."

"With how much money?" He looks at me. "I mean.. the guy knew the house was unfixable, so he just gave it to you. He wanted you to deal with it and not have to worry about it anymore." He looks at me before shaking his head. "Did you even get any paperwork? The title?"

I shook my head. "Not yet, but I have his number and he said we could meet up."

I heard him slightly laugh before shaking his head. "Tzuyu.. this isn't right."

"What's not right?"

"Someone giving you a house! I mean.. that's not- that doesn't happen."

"Well, he gave it to me and I have the keys for it. It's my house whether you like it or not." I walked away and to the bedroom before hearing him yell after me.

Ignoring him, I slammed the door before sitting on the bed and sighing. I saw the door open and he walked in before shutting it and leaning against it.

"I'm sorry. I just don't think you shouldn't spend money on this house that probably won't even be worth it in the future. It could have more problems to it than on the surface." He said then walked towards me. "Have you even seen the inside?"

Shaking my head, I didn't look at him. "Not yet."

He tried grabbing my hands and I pushed his away. "Tzuyu, stop."

"You ever think that maybe what we had back then isn't what we have now?" I said, which made him look at me. "Like.. the feelings for each other isn't there anymore and nothing even feels the same?"

"You think that?" I just looked at him as he crouched in front of me before placing his hands on my knees. "I admit that things haven't been the same when we first got together but we can work through them, Tzuyu."

Sitting there, I look at him before shrugging. I knew that in my heart I didn't want to work things out. I wanted out of this relationship more than anything and be on my own.

"You're a therapist for god sake and you can't even communicate?" He stood up and I looked at him.

"I don't want to communicate." I watch as he looks at me. "I want a break from all of this."

He crossed his arms. "Why?"

"Cause.. I need a break, Hanbin. I feel like I'm caged, ok? I need a breather for a little while." I got up then he grabbed my arm. I looked at him as he was staring at me with his hand gripping my arm.

"We can talk things through, Tzuyu. I'm in love with you and I don't want you leaving."

Pulling my arm back, I stared at him. "I'm not in love with you, Hanbin. I don't even know what love is anymore. I'm leaving and I dare you to try to stop me."

With that being said, I packed my things and left. I wasn't sure where I was going or what I would do, but I knew that I couldn't stay there anymore when my heart didn't want me to.