6

| february 9th, 1996 |
Friday

The last few days, I've been driving Sana home from school. I didn't mind at all and she kept asking if I was ok with it. She told me that she hated riding the bus and her parents wouldn't buy her a car yet.

I told her that it was fine and I didn't mind taking her home from school.

It was lunch and I was leaning against my locker, waiting for Sorn. A few student walked by me, saying hey and I acknowledged them with a head nod. I kept looking around for Sorn, but didn't see her.

"Tzuyu."

I look up and saw Sana standing next to me. "Hey." I smiled as I looked at her.

"You getting lunch?'

"Yeah. I'm waiting on Sorn."

"Oh cool." She smiles as she was holding her book in her arms. "Mind if I join you?"

Smiling, I shook my head. "Not at all."

She smiles then I heard someone's voice from down the hall. It was one of those boys from the football team and he was jogging towards us.

Once he stops, he smiles at me. "Hey, Tzuyu." I nod as he looks over at Sana. "Here." He hands her a piece of paper.

"What's this?" She asks, looking down at the paper.

"An invite to Baekhyun's party tonight." He smiles then looks at me before jogging back down the hall.

Sana continues to look down at the paper then her eyes met mine. "I don't do parties.."

"You don't have to go if you don't want to."

"Would that make everyone dislike me more?"

I gave her confused look. "More?"
Sorn walks up a few moments later. "Sorry I'm late. Jay wanted to make out."

Making a face, I shook my head. "Stop kissing every guy. And you say I have cooties." I walk around her and heard her follow as I walked out the building.

I looked back to make sure Sana was following. When I saw her walking out of the building, I smiled then caught Sorn looking at me before she looked back at Sana.

We walked over to her jeep and I stopped, waiting for Sana. I held out my hand as she stared at it for a moment, giving me a confused look. "What?"

"I'll hold your book bag while you hop in." I kept my hand out as she took her book bag off then handed it to me. I smiled before watching her get in the back then I hopped in the front.

After I placed my seat belt on, I look over at Sorn as she was smirking at me. I look ahead before shaking my head. I watched as we left the parking lot before getting onto the main road.

On the drive there, Sorn was playing her music as she kept glancing over me. She had a smile on her face then she would look in the rear view mirror at Sana in the backseat.

"So, has Tzuyu be a good friend so far?" Sorn looks in the mirror, smiling at Sana.

I look over at her as Sana answered. "Yes. How long have you two been friends?"

"Ever since high school." Sorn smiles over at me. "She was one of those cool chicks and I knew that we would get along just fine." She smiles over at me.

I smile back before looking back at Sana. She looked at me before smiling then looking to the side as we were pulling into the parking lot of MaggieMoo's.

"I'll buy us all lunch again." Sorn smiles.

"How do you get money?" I ask, hopping out of the jeep then instinctively holding my arm out for Sana to grab ahold of.