17

| february 24th, 1996 |
| Friday |

"Imagine a window with a view." She held her hands out and demonstrated. "Looking down at the city life everyday."

"I don't want a life in the city. I prefer the country life."

She looks at me before shaking her head. "How are you going to maintain a therapist office in a town?"

I shrugged as we stopped at my car. "I'll figure it out. I want to stay here though. I'll buy a nice little shed and turn it into an office."

I watch as she crossed her arms, which made me smile. "Are you taking this seriously?"

"Very seriously." I smiled, tossing my backpack in the car.

"Tzuyu, I want you to really focus on this."

Smiling, I look at her. "Aren't I the one supposed to be dreaming big here?"

She shrugs then looks away. "I just.. want to help you plan your future."

"As long as you're in it, it's already planned."

I saw her face turn red and a slight smile before looking away. I saw Sorn walk up and she stopped as she looked between us. "Any plans for this weekend?"

Looking at Sana, she looked at me then I looked back at Sorn. "Probably beg Elkie for money."

"I'm going to that party tonight."

"Why?"

She shrugs. "Cause Jay wants me to go."

Crossing my arms, I look at her. "Just cause your boy toy wants you to go doesn't mean you have to."

"Shut up." She smiles. "Sana, plans?"

"Helping my mom out."

Sorn looks at us then huffs. "You two are party poopers."

"We got invited to Seungyeon's party, but I know it's a set up. Why go?"

"We'll go together."

Giving her a look, I made a gesture with my hands. "And that makes it better? I'm not going."

"Not to just see?"

I cover my eyes. "See what?"

I heard Sana laugh then Sorn groan. "I love you Tzuyu, but good gracious."

Removing my hands, I smiled at her. "We're best friends for a reason."

"Ok. I will go and give you all the details."

"Leave out the part when you take Jay to the bedroom." I held up my thumbs.

Sorn smiled. "I was planning on it. See you two chicks Monday. I love you!" She walks to her jeep and I shook my head.

I look over at Sana and smile. "You want to hang out tomorrow?"

"Yeah." She smiles. "I'll have to beg my mom."

"Does she like me?" I ask, already knowing the answer.

Sana looks at me then slightly smiles. "She doesn't like anyone, Tzuyu. It's not just you. She's weird about everyone."

"I got that." I nod, remembering the first day I met her.

"But don't worry. I like you." She smiles.

I smiled back. "That's all that matters." I motion towards my car. "Let's go."

We both got in the car, placing our seat belts on then I started the car and left the parking lot. I rolled down the windows and played some music, looking over at Sana as she was bobbing her head with the music.