*Chapter 8*

Hendrick P.O.V

"What's that all about?" I asked Kenzie once we were out of the cafeteria. She rotated her eyes biting her lips trying to seduce me. That was only the thing she was good at and nothing else that involves her brain.

"Don't you love me anymore?" She said tracing her fingers down my chest. I shiver biting my lips and trying to get rid of that feeling.

If there's one thing about me. That never turn me on.

I pinned her to the wall drawing a chuckle from her. "Stay away-". I was spontaneously cut shut by her lips on mine. It felt so plain. Nothing special or beautiful about it. We began walking to the girl's restroom. If there's one thing you should know about Kenzie, it's that she doesn't know anything romantic. It's not like I expect her to be or know anything about it. 

She's a gross piece of junk. 

She used one of her feet to slam the door shut and the other one wrapped around my waist. I carried her on the marble causing her to grunt. It was started to get heated when one of the doors opened a little... Aurora?

Shit!

She wore a sad and disgusted look on her tiny face. She didn't even glance at either of us. It's not that I wanted her to. She washed her hands drying them and leaving us in the intense scene.

"I'm glad she saw us. She will know where to stand." Kenzie muttered. A playful smirk on her lips.

I ignored her going out of the restroom. What was I even thinking? Hendrix? A leader? With that stupid fool? I'm insane, I don't know what Aurora will think of me. I told her I was her friend and dragged Kenzie to scold her and she saw me making out with her. 

However, the reason why I told her I was her friend was to get Kyle of my chest. I don't think I'll be peace with her being so forceful around me. 

I freed my throat walking back to the cafeteria. My eyes scanned the hall looking for Aurora so I could explain to her about what she saw. From the way I see her, she was too innocent to witness that... Tragic scene. 

She wasn't in the cafeteria. I'll explain to her what happened. Thinking about it? Do I even own her one in the first place? Kenzie is my girlfriend but that doesn't mean I like/love her. My 'mom' forced her to be with me. Pathetic fool.

Aurora's P.O.V

The bell rang. Thankfully, I was able to ignore Hendrix. I don't want to see him again. He didn't even bother saying sorry to me. I shrugged flocking my bag and jogging out of class.

"Hey, princess," Steve said when I was out of class. I've gotten close to Steve because he's very funny and nice.

"Hello," I said dashing my bag and dangling it over both shoulders. My eyes were sleepy and very tired. I was also hungry and was craving for cake and ice cream.

"You didn't return from the restroom. Too bad cause I drank all your milkshake." He told smirking at me. I  grimaced at him not caring about what he said.

"I saw Hendrix and Kenzie," I said at the end sentence. He looked confused by what I said, he leaned forward towards me and hugged me. Did I mention that Steve's hug is like nanny's?

He also knows when I'm sad and angry.

"What happened between them?" He asked still hugging me. The memory of them kissing flooded back into my memory. My eyes were glassy and headache struck. Why am I feeling this way? 

"They kissed," I whispered. He released me going to kiss my forehead. "Well, I don't think you should feel bad. They are both dating." He revealed. 

I looked at him through my glassy eyes. He doesn't understand. "We all saw that he dragged her outside. I thought he went to scold her but instead, he kissed her." I mumbled leaving him alone on the spot while he pounder on my reply. 

"Hey." Hendrick's voice broke my stupor I was in. I stirred on my spot turning to look at him. "Um.." He stammered scarifying his back neck. 

"What you saw-"

"It's okay." I rustled turning back walking to the bus stop. "Wait!" He shouted. I locked my eyes trying to control whatever that is preventing me from crying.

"I'm sorry. I know you expected me scol-"

"I'm going home. Mommy doesn't want me to come home late. I might lose the bus." I ended him turning back on my feet and walking away from him. I hate this school! I hate Kenzie.

---

"Is anything wrong, sweetheart? You've locked yourself all evening in your room." Mommy spoke when she sat on my bed looking at me. I sat down hugging my teddy close to myself.

"I'm fine." I lied. She scooted close to me tucking a stand behind my ear. "Is it because of Hendrick?" She asked softly. I puffed looking at her in the eyes.

How did she know? Is she stalking me? Mommy?

"I know, baby. Your friend Steve told me." She confirmed. I nodded glancing at her trying to come up of a better excuse. I've never lied to my mother before and lying to her made me feel bad and sad.

"Do you like him? As in a relationship way?" She asked again. I don't know why she's asking me all this. How can I like that boy? Is this how a relationship feels like? 

"No!" I half yelled. "I don't like him. We're just friends and nothing else like everyone thinks. I can't like a mean boy who insulted my daddy and my mommy." I yelled frustrated. I was tired of hearing the same thing. I don't like Hendrick. He's bad. Plus, that was a better excuse. 

"What do you mean? Insulted?"She asked curiously in my excuse. I licked my dry lips. This isn't going as I thought. I thought she would leave me alone and stop asking me about Hendrick.

"Yes, he did. He insulted daddy about me being a bad girl and you too not telling me the truth." I said inaudibly. She breathed collapsing her hands together. 

"Don't let that get to you, honey. You're better than that and a special girl. You are not bad and very caring. I love you, okay?" She supported. I nodded hugging her. I felt like crying after those words came out from her mouth. 

I wished daddy never died. I would have both of my parents with me hugging me and making me smile. I miss you, daddy. 

"How about we make chocolate cookies together? And tomorrow, we'll go shopping for your cousin's wedding. I have a beautiful dress made for you." She said striving to lighten my mood.

I smiled at the idea. I love baking and maybe I could steal some batter this time. I snickered loudly like a bad guy. 

"The great news is that tomorrow is a free day for all the students. Your principal called telling me that there was an important meeting going on but it's okay. We have all the time for ourselves." She said again driving us downstairs. 

Am I not the luckiest girl on the planet? Too good.