*Chapter 29*

I coloured looking away.

We were about to kiss

It was Xander who interrupted what was about to happen. I wonder what Hendrick was thinking when he tried to-

"Oh, no. Please go on. You guys were in the middle of something when I came." He said leaving just both of us under the tree. I looked up to find Hendrick staring down at me.

What is with him and staring?

"I'm sorry about that." He said reaching back on his feet and leaving me all alone under the tree. Why did I do wrong? Was he mad at me? Why am I feeling sad because of what happened?

I breathed softly going back on my feet and walking back inside the school building. This day was yet to end. 

---

"You guys almost kissed?" 

And here we go again.

This was the 10th time Kyle and Rose were yelling at themselves about what happened a few hours ago between Hendrick and me.

Is not that we kissed. But my best friend and my soon to be step-sister were going crazy about it. I shouldn't have told them in the first place. It was my fault.  

"Cool," Kyle said feeling untroubled. I bent a brow at her in confusion. She was now cool about it? I climbed on my downy bed sitting on it and looking at her.

"What? He almost kissed you not you who kissed him so there is nothing to worry about." She explained. It has been weird lately how Kyle and I don't get along anymore but right now, she was being to cool about it. 

"What do you mean?" I asked touching her hands. She scoffed pushing my hands away and standing off the bed. 

"Don't you remember that it was my job to protect you from Hendrick? Your mom trusted me in this and here you are, going all around with him." She snapped. 

I flinch a little from the harshness of her voice. This wasn't the Kyle I know. The kyle I knew wouldn't say things like this. She was trying to protect me from her own brother? But he hasn't hurt me in any way when we became friends.

"But he hasn't hurt me badly. He's nice to me." I said tears needing to come out from my eyes. Rose darted close to me stroking my back soothingly. 

"Yeah, right. Lemme ask you this question, Do you have feelings for my brother?" She asked coming near to me. Her hair was bobbing at the back of her. 

I bit my lips in distress. Her question made sense. When I'm close to Hendrick, I directly feel butterflies in my tummy. I can't even be angry at him for more than 2 days.

"Yes," I said looking down. 

Kyle chuckled deeply leaving my room with a slam of the door. 

"It's okay." Rose faced rubbing my hands in her palm. I can't believe I confessed that I had feelings for Hendrick who was once my bully. On top, of that, to his sister.

What if his sister told Hendrick and he doesn't like me back? I can't stand that. 

"But why is she angry at me?" I asked Rose with tears gliding down my cheeks. I was being sensible here also. 

"I don't know but I'll talk to her." She said bringing my head to her chest allowing me to fall asleep on her chest while she stroked my hair. 

I hope so.

Later that evening, Rose and I decided to watch a scary movie. Note that it was Rose's idea and not mine. She said she's been 'obsessed' with Chucky. 

I grasped the popcorn from the cupboard and two milkshakes with me. I climbed unto the couch setting the snack on the front table which you could easily put your leg on. 

"But I don't like scary movies. Mommy doesn't allow me to watch one." I said grabbing a milkshake and shaking it to get the giddy feeling. 

"It's okay. I asked her and she said yes but I should stay with you while we watch it." She told grabbing the remote control. "I also invited some friends so they'll keep you accompany." She added. 

I looked at her with a sad look. How could she invite friends over? I thought it was just me and her. 

"What? It's going to be fun. I invited Hendrick, Steve, Xander and some other few friends. It's going to be awesome, trust me." She shrugged taking out her phone from the socket. I gulped on my milkshake vaguely afraid. 

"But why did you invite so many friends? I thought it was just going to be you and I watching a movie. Did you tell mommy about this too?"

"Not exactly. She's going to be cool about it. She went out to a friend's house to chill for the night and isn't going to come back until 8 in the morning." 

"But-"

"Nou 'buts'. Just chill and have fun. You're still young and beautiful. You need to enjoy life and spend time with your friends. Also, they are also your friends from school and not some strangers on the random street." She cut off. 

Wow!

Have

Crazy

Step

Sister

...

Time soon flew and here I was clutching hold of Rose's clothes in fright. Chucky had a knife in his hands and he was about killing a boy. I don't like this movie at all.

 It sends a chill down my spine. 

Chucky's big eyes and wide toothy grin.

"Please take this movie off. It's scary." I said hiding behind Rose. She didn't even have a problem with it. She just keeps chuckling and sipping her milkshake in happiness. I squirm on my spot closing my eyes and letting the cold air take over my nostrils. My heart was thumping fast with my eyelashes wavering. Popcorns were already on the scattered floor from me shouting and shaking. 

One thing is for sure. 

I will never ever watch movies with Rose again

Ever. 

The doorbell rang indicating that someone was at the door. 

"I'll-

"No! I will."  I shouted. Anything to get my butt from that couch. 

I walked over to the door bending the knob and pressing it down.

"How are you, sweetheart?" 

A/n

Hey peeps. 

Another update. 

Sorry about the late upload. Been stuck in writers's block.

What do you think about this chapter? 

Was Rose's plan a good idea? 

Keep reading and thank you so much for 2.8k views. That's noice!

Thank you.

Til then my baby,

Bye