*Chapter 9*

.A scar is better than a fake friend.

"Thank you," we said parting with our thing out of the mall. Kyle chose to come with us because she didn't have anything to do. My mommy made a new friend and it appears to be that she's our neighbour. 

My mom is an anti-social person so she never makes or even tries to make friends. But Mrs. Swith is a lovely woman. She has a daughter that is older than me. I want to meet her, I hope she's nice like Kyle. 

"Can we get ice cream?" I asked mommy as we drive. The sun today was really hot and an Ice cream could heal my taste buds from misery. 

"What flavour?" She asked looking at me from the review mirror. I thought about it querying what flavour I would like to choose. Of course, I love all that flavour but there must be a particular flavour I want. It's now or never. 

"All of them?" I dubiously asked. Kyle slapped my hand at the reply and I simply shrug. I can eat a bucket of Ice cream and still won't get satisfied. 

"I'll choose. What of vanilla?" Kyle recommended. I looked at her with my sneaky looks. 

Vanilla?

Vanilla?

Vanilla?

"I want Vanilla," I declared to mommy. She agreed turning into the ice cream spot and buying our ice cream. I licked the ice cream with passion and with love. I love Ice cream a lot and cookies.

"Thank you, ma'am," Kyle said when my mom bought hers. I wonder if Hendrick's like this. He could never be this respectful. 

"Is Hendrick like you?" I asked kyle with a lick of Ice cream. She scowled looking at me. "I'm starting to think you like my brother." She said. My face reddens and I turned to look away.

"Wait! Do mean Hendrick as in that Mafia leader? The blonde boy."Mrs. Swith asked looking tense. What's a mafia? 

"Yes?" Kyle asked looking at her. She frowned staring at my mother and back to me. She sighed.

"Dear, I'll advise you not to go near him again. He's dangerous and very cunny. He kills people and will soon become the leader after his father passes it unto him." She explained like a small child. I licked my ice cream begging it not to melt.

"What's a mafia?" I asked looking at my hands that were filled with melted ice cream. I wasn't paying attention to her but my ice cream but I could still hear her.

"Let's say, A bad people who take part in something illegal." She described turning to my mother worriedly.

"No offence baby girl, but you look like a girl who doesn't know the ways of the world yet. But don't dare feel anything for him. Not even love." She informed before getting out of the car and walking into her house that was next to ours

The car was silent just the wind blowing and me whispering to myself. I could feel the heat on my face even though I was in the car. I hate the sun. I was just thankful I wore sunscreen. 

"Kyle?" My mommy questioned kyle. She looked at my mom from the review mirror from looking down her laps.

"I want you to please protect my daughter from your brother, I trust you and not your brother. Can you do that?" My mom asked nonchalantly. I looked at Kyle smiling at her. 

"Definitely." She said still smiling at me. Kyle's phone chirped, she picked it up looking at it before sighing and getting out of the car.

"I'll take Uber." She rejoined when she was my mom's worried face. 

Once we got home, I pulled my socks getting on the couch and changing it to Netflix. My mom was in her room talking to one of her manager and nanny was watering the garden. There was nothing to do at home and outside. 

Homework- Done

Hair brushed- Done

"Baby? I'll be expecting a visit very soon. I'll like to talk to you." She said anxiously. I paused the movie I was watching and scampered up to my mom. She gently placed her hands on mine.

"Honey? As you know that my husband and your daddy died in a war accident. We can't live in the burden forever. I thought about it and. Well, I want to get remarried." She announced. 

My mouth was entirely opened but  mommy helped me close it. "You mean I'll get a new daddy?" I asked playing with my fingers. I don't like this at all. Has mommy forgotten about Daddy? Doesn't she love him again?

"Yes." She said softly. I looked at her with tears in my eyes. 

"You have forgotten about daddy, haven't you? You don't love him anymore. You love someone else. But listen, I don't want a new daddy. I don't want anyone. I will always love my daddy no matter what and will never give my love to someone else." I said before charging out of the sitting room and to my room locking it.

I hugged my teddy close to myself looking at the ceiling. This isn't what I want. I don't want anyone to replace my dad. I heard a lot of stories about step-dad and how they kill their daughter or sell them off to get money. Or even do the thing with them.

A tear fell down my cheek down to my teddy. I can never forget what happened to my day and how he died. I will never forget him. If mommy wants to get married I'll go to Steve's house and live with him.

A Stepbrother?

A Stepsister?

No one will pay attention to me but instead to them. Mommy will forget about me and we'll never share the bond like we use to. 

I'm okay like this.

A/n

Okay! I'm confused if adding a stepfather in there was a good thing. I don't like how Aurora and her mother live alone and nothing was interesting at the home scene. The action only takes place in the school so I thought about adding a step- Father to it.

Also, Thank you much for 100+ views with just 7 pages. Ilysm.