10

Hendrick P

Hendrick P.O.V

"When did puppies became your favourite pet?" Kyle asked snuggling the puppy in her arms. I rolled my eyes at the question.

"It's not for me. For Aurora. It's her birthday in the next few weeks." I replied snatching the puppy from her. She chuckled and waved her hands off. 

"Made the right choice." She mumbled.

We made our way towards the counter to pay for the puppy we bought. When we were done, we entered the car and zoomed off. 

"Where are we going next?" She asked still playing with the puppy. The puppy just kept staring at me like I was a bone or something. 

"Why is it staring at me?" I asked taking a glance at it. She laughed and kissed the dog on the nose while I looked at her with disgust. 

"I don't know. Maybe it wants you to touch her." Kyle replied. I sneered at her with my hair sticking to my face.

"Hell, No! I'm driving," I said.

"Whatever. Where are we going?"

"Home."

"Why?"

"Where are we expected to go?"

"Aurora's."

"She needs to rest. She's on her period."

"I hate periods. Remember my first time? When I was 13?"

Flashback

"Hendrick! Hendrick! There's something down there! Red" Kyle screamed coming out from her room. I looked at her worriedly and confused. 

"What is it?" I asked.

"I don't know. It red like blood and my tummy hurts." Kyle responded gripping hold of her towel that was wrapped around her body. 

"Oh..Um...It'-

"It's what! What's wrong with me? Am I dying? I don't want to die." She said, tearily. 

"It's called a period. It happens to all girls. You need something to hold it... Sanitary pads." I said holding in my laughter at how confused Kyle looked. 

"But... What about boys? Why don't they have periods like girls? It's disgusting." Kyle said bringing out her tongue.

"Your teacher will teach you about it. In the meantime, I'll get you something. Stay in the bathroom and don't come out." I warned. She nodded and ran back into her room. 

End of flashback

"Hey, It was painful. A girl needs a medal for having periods every month." 

"Yeah, right. Don't be a baby. periods aren't that painful. It's just a bad tummy ache"