*Chapter 31*

Continuation of Chapter 30.

My eyes flickered open as those words glid out from his voice. My mind was happy jumping in happiness and joy that finally, Xander would not do this stuff' to me.

I flinched a little when a groan escaped Xander's throat. He looked into my eyes before slapping me once again.

"Hit one more time, you'll regret it." I heard Hendrix's cold voice command. I started crying mercilessly at how things were becoming. I guess the watching of horror movies was now changed into a party. Loud music and cheers were all bouncing the wall from inside.

"Please, Xander. Get off me." I pleaded. His weight was very heavy.  He groaned and slapped me again. I whimpered a little and burst out crying. 

Instantly, Xander was suddenly raised off me and pushed to the floor. My hands were bleeding terribly and it hurts so much. I managed to stand up from the floor to watch what was happening. 

Hendrix was punching Xander who was almost unconscious. This was a terrible sight indeed.

Blood was all over the floor. Hendrix's hands were bleeding. His teeth were clenched with a tight fist. 

After 10 minutes of fighting and groaning, Hendrix's eyes snapped to me. His features softened a bit as he started walking up to me and pulled me into a tight hug. His breathing was rapid and heavy. He looked like he could faint from any seconds now. My eyes travelled to the bloody and unconscious Xander who had a bloody face and perhaps a broken nose. 

A tear rolled down my eyes at the sight. Hendrix did this for me. He fought for me and protected me. He is a good friend. Before you could say, o my goodness, I cried the uncontrolled tears out. The music has now died down but cheers were still present.

"Thank you," I said through sobs. He ran his hair through my brown long locks and kissed my forehead. 

"Anytime, princess." He said backing away from the hug. I looked at his face which had a soft expression now. His bloody fist was now bleeding but he didn't even seem concerned about it. 

"Common let's go get you cleaned up." He told. I nodded with a sniff agreeing with the plan. We strolled inside. All eyes snapped to us with a loud gasp. Rose was already asleep. I bit my lip looking at her. 

She's so dead.

We continued going upstairs to my room ignoring the concerned looks and words. Once we were up in my room, Hendrix locked the room. I walked to my small cabinet and pulled out a first aid kit. 

"I'll clean yours first." I protested. He hummed and seated on my bed stretching his bloody hands to me. I almost gawked at the sight.

I don't have a thing for blood at all.

I started by wiping the blood from his hands. He didn't even flinch or gasp. Just a statue staring at me.

"Can you please stop staring?" I said throwing the piece of bloody wipes away in the bin. He laughed.

"I can't. Deal with it babygirl." He said. A small blush made its way to my cheeks as I looked away. 

"I'm done," I said. 

Without warning, he pushed me to the bed and hover above me pinning my hands above my head. I open my mouth but couldn't say a word. I felt my tummy Chun in something I couldn't make out.

"What are you doing? I asked. He cupped my cheeks with his other hands and kissed my cheek. His lips lingered a little. I giggled pushing him away with my small force.

"You're silly," I said nervously. I don't want anything to repeat itself like it did last time under the tree when we almost kissed. I can't stand it. 

"Are you hungry?" He asked calmly.

"Yes. We can eat the remaining dish in the fridge. You'll love it." I exclaimed. He hummed happily grabbing my hands and interlocking his into mine. I immediately felt a spark ran through my hands to all my body. It was very strange when we touched.

(◕દ◕)

"Party over people!" Rose waved her hands gesturing people to start leaving. She looked like a mess right now with dark circles under her eyes and chapped lips. 

"Mommy is gonna be mad with all this mess around," I explained throwing my hands in the air. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Hendrix chuckled. He had his legs crossed along with his hands on his chest. His hoodie was on his head.

"Calm down sweetheart." He said. I reddened looking back to Rose who was at the kitchen drinking a liquid that was in a red cup.

"What's that?" I asked interestedly. She shot me a glare shaking the cup that was in her hands.

"Don't worry about it. It's a drink." She said boredly. I rolled my eyes and sighed heavily. This was a nightmare. An hour ago, it was just Rose and me. Now, it's a house of garbage.

"Don't worry. We'll employ someone to clean up for us. I've called them over." Hendrix said leaving the wall and walking up to me.

"Are you nuts! Mommy is gonna be back in the next hour or so." I said pushing the popcorn that was on the couch. Hendrix smirked leaning towards me. 

"Er.. this is awkward," Rose told. My hands were already sweaty with him being this close to me. I pushed him away. I hate it when he smirks. 

"What happened to your hand?" Rose said strolling to me.

"Ummmm." I bit my lips worriedly. Should I tell Rose? Xander was-

"Just a little injury. She'll be alright." Hendrix said coldly. I gave him a warm smile in return for standing up for me.

"Okay. I better start going. My dad would go crazy if he finds out that I came home late. Sorry, Aurora. I'm sorry for everything I've caused." She said kissing my cheek and walking away. 

It was just Hendrix and me.

"Ice cream?" I asked trying to cheer the humid and uncomfortable tense. He nodded following me to the fridge.

"You're still cheerful after all this happens. We should switch places." He commented.

"No way! I love myself." I said scooping out ice cream from the ice cream can. He tucked his hands in his pocket and sat on the dining table that was just with 2 chairs.

"You know what, you're right. Not every girl has a great attitude like you. You're smart, cute and fierce. I like you like that. Don't change anything about yourself." He said. 

I stood there stunned by the words that were maybe a compliment or the truth. I sighed sitting on the other side of the table. Those words reminded me of my father. 

"Thank you."