*Chapter 23*

This is like the sweetest chapter I've ever written. It's very cute. 

That voice sounded so familiar. In fact, I knew he was the one. Why is he here now? I wanted the spot to just open and swallow me.

"You don't expect me here?" He asked sitting on my couch with a wide grin on his face. I looked at him pouting and turning to go eat candy.

"You can't just leave me here. Take me with you." He said again. I crossed my arm together angrily looking at him.

"To eat candy?" I asked. I smirk at his face. He suddenly frowns with a disgusted look on his face. 

"That's what I thought. " I mumbled bouncing off the couch and going to search for any candy I can find in the fridge.

"How is your day going?" He asked keeping the awkward conversation going. I sighed running my hands through my long hair. 

"Fine. Do you have a puppy?" I asked a little excited that I expected to be. I just blurted it out and now I kinda did regret it. What was I thinking?

"No, But I could get one for you." He says. I furrowed my eyes at him seeing if he was telling the truth or not. I have a lot of questions going on in my coconut brain.

"Why are you nice to me?" I asked going back to the couch after seeing one of my favourite candy. It was Nutella. Mommy said I could eat one but I decided to keep it but this was the right now. Wasn't it?

"See, I know I was a jerk when I told you all those things on the hallway the other day but I'm very-" He paused struggling to get a word f his lips.

"Sorry?" I suggested. He nodded.

"Yeah, that. I told you we can be friends but I didn't perform all the duties as a friend so...Can we start all over again?" He asked. I could see excitement and guiltiness in his brown eyes.

"Sure. I'm Aurora. I'm 15 and love cute puppies. I'm a barbie lover and likes giving a cuddle to my teddy bear. I have a mommy and a nanny who you could call as mother and daughter. I like crying a lot when someone says or does something hurtful and lastly.." I hesitated to look at my fingers.

"I'm going to have a stepdaddy soon because my previous one died in a war." I exposed. Tears were already streaming down my face. I can't believe I told Hendrick everything about me. It felt right but at the same time, it felt wrong.

My eyes opened wide as I felt contact with my body. I looked up to find Hendrick cuddling me. It was very warm and so relaxing too.

I never thought a boy could cuddle... Well, they are also human beings.  

"Thank you," I muttered placing my head on his hard chest. I almost thought it was a rock at first. 

"It's okay. I guess it's my turn."

I nodded biting from my Nutella. 

"As you know, I'm Hendrick. I'm 18 and will be turning 19 next year. I run a Mafia business and also fight." He said. It was very short but I'll accept it. 

"You are a Mafia? I heard they are bad people and they kill." I said with a little gasp. He chuckled like he finds my word amusing. 

"Yes, I kill, but only the bad ones." He replied. 

We grew to know each other that fateful day. I learnt his father and mother don't like him and he doesn't too. Too bad. 

"Thank you for today," I said hugging him. He deserves one. I felt him tenses at my touch so I released him.

"Are you okay? I'm so sorry I shouldn't have hugged you. I mean it w-

"It's okay." He said coldly before exiting my house. I sighed walking over to my couch when I saw his car leave my parking lot. 

I shouldn't have hugged him and now, he's angry at me! 

Poor baby!

----

I began scribbling on my sketchbook under the small tree. It was recess and this was only the thing I could do that made me feel happy. I browsed my environment. A few of the boys were playing football and some were talking.

Typical Days.

"Mind If I join you?" A voice interrupted. It was Hendrick. I nodded shifting on my butt and pressing the pencil unto the paper.

"I'm sorry about yesterday." He declared looking at my face. I hummed still concentration on my drawing. 

"Have you forgiven me?" He asked rubbing his tattooed arm. I hummed once again still drawing on my sketchbook. 

"For f*ck sake! Answer me Aurora!" He snapped. I whimpered a little looking at him confuse his sudden behaviour. 

"I'm so sorry." He sighed. I don't even understand how this guy works. A minute or so, he's friendly and after that, he's angry and snappy.

"Are you Bipolar?" I asked. And yes, I wasn't too naive to not know what Bipolar was. It was explained by mommy a few weeks ago.

"I guess you could call me that." He muttered still looking at my lips. I nodded going back to my sketching. 

"You know how to draw?" He asked a little amazed. I giggled nodding at his new discovery of me knowing how to draw.

"Hey, guys," Steve said walking toward us from the football field. Our attention turned to him as he sat down next to us.

"Hi," I said hugging him. My eyes met with Hendrick to see a little frown on his face with sadness. 

"Are you ready for the match?" Steve asked Hendrick. I tilt my head in confusion. What match? Going to match? A game?

"Fully ready. I just have to get a couple of things done." Hendrick replied smugly. I watched in bewilderment.

"What match?" I asked.

They turn to look at me with a questioning look. Hendrick took a deep breath looking at Steve.

"I'm going to fight baby girl."

A/n

I feel this chapter wasn't right but at least it was completed.

Please vote and comment.