Chapter Two

"Annabelle, wake up." Someone says. I groan and stuff my face into my pillow. I hear a laugh and then the blankets are pulled off me.

"Who the hell is disturbing me?" I mumble, not pulling my face from the marshmallow comfort of my pillow.

"Your favorite sibling. Now get up, Annie. Mom wants us to help Christopher with bringing his things here today." Luna says.

I lift my head to glare at her and then stuff it back in my pillow. She sighs.

"I can always get the bucket of ice wat-"

"I'm up!" I exclaim, sitting up quickly. She smiles in triumph.

"Good. Now get ready. After helping Chris we decided to head to the cafe for food." She informs me. I frown.

"Who is we?" I ask. Luna laughs.

"Wyatt, Chris, me, Tay, and I invited Violet as well. Now hurry." She says, ushering me out of bed. I roll my eyes and pull my closet doors open. I'm greeted by a giant pile of clothing.

Luna laughs. "Wow. You ever think about maybe...cleaning?" She asks. I flip her off and grab a random pair of blue jeans and a white off the shoulder top.

She crosses her arms and waits impatiently as I take my sweet time changing. When I'm finished, she sighs dramatically and throws her hands in the air.

"Finally. It doesn't take that fucking long to get dressed." She says.

"Luna!"

She winces. "Sorry Mom!" She yells back. I laugh and grab my phone and her hand, dragging her downstairs.

The devil spawn and his sidekick are waiting by the door talking. I slow my steps as we approach them.

"You know on second thought I am awfully tired. Night!" Wyatt reaches out and grabs my arm, giving me a stern look. I groan and push past everyone to get to my car. Correction: Mine and Luna's car.

Dad got me and Luna a car for our 16th birthday and Mom got Wyatt one. If you haven't noticed yet, this is my first time mentioning my father. No, he isn't dead or anything...sadly. He just left our family for a younger woman who he impregnated while married to Mom.

He buys us expensive gifts for our birthday every year and Christmas. Probably to make up for being a pile of shit. I don't remember the last time I've seen him. That's probably for the best though. It may not necessarily go down well if I was to see him.

Luna slides into the passenger seat and frowns. "Why can't I drive?" She whines. I give her a knowing look.

"This may be our car but you, along with everyone else, know how scary your driving is. I'd only let you drive if I physically couldn't and even then I'd probably catch a ride with anybody else." I say as I start the car. She rolls her eyes and watches out the window as we drive to the house of Satan in silence.

His parents are outside waiting with two suitcases and a box. I raise an eyebrow.

"Is that really all? Why do we need to help?" I ask, confused. Luna laughs.

"Annie, he's staying for two months. Do you really think all he has are two suitcases of clothes and a box of his electronics?" She asks me, stepping out of the vehicle. I frown.

"Yes? I mean, it's a couple months. He isn't moving in forever...I hope. Oh God. He isn't, right?"

Christopher happens to overhear this and smirks, throwing an arm over my shoulders. I immediately tense up and glare at him.