Chapter Nineteen

"I can't believe I really got detention." I mumble, plopping down in a seat beside Satan. He smirks and pulls something out of his backpack, waving them in my face.

"Just imagine, one measly detention for a whole night of your favorite band. Seems like a pretty fair trade." He says. I stare at the tickets longingly. I can't wait until Saturday night!

"So, we'll be home alone tonight?" He asks, winking. I scoff.

"Yeah. Mom is staying with Roland, Luna and Tay are having a sleepover and Wyatt is hanging out with Blake. You were invited to that by the way. Why didn't you go?" I ask. He shrugs and places the tickets back in his bag.

"Not a fan of Blake." He mutters. I raise an eyebrow. What's not to be a fan of? Blake is amazing. Chris is just an odd human. If he's human. I'm still trying to gather research to prove he's Lucifer.

"Don't you have other friends? I wouldn't mind having the house to myself tonight." I say with a smile. He chuckles and shrugs his shoulders.

"You just don't want to spend time with me." He states. I smirk at him. Smart boy. He catches on quickly.

"That would be correct." I state. He laughs and pulls out his phone.

"I'll hangout with some boys from the football team. You owe me though." He says. I roll my eyes. As if.

"Phones away, Mr. Beckham and no talking." The detention teacher demands. Chris rolls his eyes but nonetheless shuts off his phone.

"What'd you even do to get detention?" He questions, lowering his voice. I blink. Oh. That.

"Made out with Jake in an empty classroom and made sure we got caught." I say bluntly, grabbing paper and a pencil from my bag. When I look back at Chris he's gaping at me like a fish out of water. I close his mouth.

"You'll catch flies." I tell him. He shakes his head and narrows his eyes at me slightly.

"Did you actually?" He asks. I laugh. Idiot.

"Of course not. I actually threw my extremely heavy math textbook at Brandon's head when he was making out with Cami." I admit. It only takes a second for him to burst out laughing, only to get rudely shushed by the teacher.

I roll my eyes and begin sketching. Chris is silent for a while, intently watching me. Eventually he sighs loudly. I frown and look at him. Why is he- He's really pouting at me right now.

"I want attention." He whines. I scoff and look back at my drawing. Big cry baby.

"And I want to date Daniel James Seavey. Shut up and let me sketch." I growl. He scoffs at me and annoyingly begins tapping his fingers on the desk.

"What are you doing?"

"Sketching."

"Duh. What are you sketching."

I sigh and show him my work. It's a picture of Luna and Wyatt...eating cupcakes. Chris examines the picture and laughs.

"You should make one of us. Kissing." He winks at me. I roll my eyes and flip him off, eliciting more laughter.

"I told you two, no talking." The teacher scolds, giving us both a nasty glare. We mumble apologies and fall into silence. I sketch, he watches. Eventually, Chris ends up falling asleep.

He only wakes up when I flick him on the head and proceed to shove him off the chair. He groans in pain and glares at me.

"That wasn't fucking necessary, Annabelle." He grumbles. I snort. Maybe not but it was fucking funny.