Chapter Eight

A rushed "sketch" of the seating at the restaurant is above...aka something I made so I didn't confuse myself...minus Chris bc I forgot abt him. Oops.

We jump away from each other, me falling onto the bed. Chris clears his throat and awkwardly rubs his neck. Luna blinks.

"Sorry for um...interrupting but Mac invited us all to lunch and we're supposed to meet everyone downstairs." She says slowly, glancing between us. We nod.

She shoots me a look saying we'll talk later and exits the room. I clear my throat.

"Chris-"

"You ready to go?" He asks, cutting me off. I nod. He leaves the room, with me following, and goes to the waiting room downstairs.

Everyone is waiting. Blake, Wyatt and Violet are talking by the door and Mac is introducing her fiance to Luna and Alex while Taylor just types away on her phone.

Christofer walks over to Wyatt's direction so I join Luna.

"Hey, Mac. Congrats on the engagement." I say with a smile. She grins at me.

"Annie! Hey, Hun. This is Patrick, my fiance." She introduces. I smile politely and extend my hand. He shakes it with a smile of his own.

"Nice to meet you, Annie."

Mac claps her hands, gathering the attention of our group.  "Alright everyone, pick your carpooling groups. You'll be following me and Patrick in our car. Wyatt, come here." My brother approaches us.

"Taylor and you will be riding with us so I can get to know my little cousin's boyfriend." She winks. Wyatt shuffles nervously, making me and Luna amused.

My sister grabs me and drags me to Violet. "Us three will carpool. We need to talk." She gives me a pointed look. Blake chuckles.

"That leaves me with Christopher and Alex then." He says. We nod and head outside to get in our respective vehicles.

"I'll drive." Violet mumbles, pulling out the keys to Wyatt's car. Luna rolls her eyes and gets in the passenger side, leaving me to the back.

"Why do we need to talk?" Vi asks, starting the car and following behind the others.

"I caught Chris and Annie almost kissing." Luna says smugly. Violet's eyes widen.

"Well then. That's interesting. Care to shed some light on the situation here, Annabelle?" Violet asks with a smirk. I roll my eyes.

"We weren't about to kiss." I mumble. Luna scoffs.

"Right. You were about to do ballet." She says sarcastically. Violet snorts.

"Maybe they were cooking." She says, grinning. Luna laughs.

"The only thing they would've been making is babies." My sister teases. I lean back in my seat and cross my arms, glaring at the back of their heads.

"I hate you both."

"Just like you hate Chris?" Vi smirks. I groan and flip her off.

"You're cruel."

The girls erupt into laughter and continue to tease me all the way to the restaurant. As soon as the car is parked, I scramble out and run to Wyatt.

"Control the monster that is your sister!" I plead. He raises an eyebrow and looks between me and a smirking Luna.

"Which one?"

I slap him and walk over to Blake and Alex. I don't know where Chris ran off to but I'd rather not face him at the moment anyway.