Chapter Twenty-Six

A/N Prom dresses above and fair warning, there's quite a few time skips in this chapter...
Enjoy

"Hey Mom." I greet. She smiles when she sees me.

"Hey Hun. Has Chris asked you yet?" She asks, wiggling her eyebrows. I roll my eyes and shake my head.

"No. I don't see the big deal with prompos- Roland?" I ask in surprise. I haven't seen my mom's boyfriend in a while, so seeing him come downstairs right now is a bit of a shock. He pauses at the sight of my gaping fish expression.

"Annabelle. Good morning." He says. I force a tiny smile.

"Um yeah. Morning. Anyways, what's the big deal with prom proposals? He's already my boyfriend. Isn't that an automatic prom date?" I ask Mom. She sighs. Roland chuckles.

"Sweetie, it's like a tradition. I don't know. Everyone asks with grand gestures, right?"

No.

"Wyatt didn't." I say.

"Annie!" My brother scolds. I smile sheepishly. Whoops. Mom narrows her eyes threateningly at Wyatt. Roland clears his throat.

"Darling, let the poor boy be. I'm sure that the grand gesture just wasn't needed." He tries to reassure her. Wyatt gulps nervously.

"Y-yeah. What he said."

Mom points the spatula she was using at him. "You're lucky he's here young man." Luna and Isabella come skipping downstairs. I gasp. What the fudge?

"You did her makeup and hair?" I ask in surprise. Isa has slept over the past 2 nights. She refused to let Luna come near her with the curling iron or makeup.

"Yep." Luna says cheerfully. Isabella smiles widely.

"I don't think it's bad actually. I'll have to ask Da- I'll ask for some of my own." She cuts herself off, throwing a cautious glance at my mom and brother.

"Weirdo. I'm heading out." I announce. Mom nods.

"Great. Could you take Isa home? Bryan told her that she needs to be home early this morning." She asks. I sigh and turn to my little sister. She pouts and shakes her head quickly.

"I don't wanna go home. Why can't I live with you guys?" She asks my mom. Mom gives her a sad smile.

"I'm sorry Isabella but it doesn't work that way. If you were biologically mine then I'd make sure you do but you're in custody of your biological parents and there's nothing I can do about that." Mom explains. My little sister sighs and nods.

"Lemme grab my bag." She mumbles. As soon as she's gone, Luna clasps her hands together and smiles at me.

"Whenever you're back, we're going shopping for prom dresses." She announces. I mentally roll my eyes. Wyatt snorts at my obvious pain.

"Have fun." He sings. Luna raises an eyebrow at him.

"Don't sound so cheerful. You boys are coming to pick up tuxes. Actually! Lightbulb. Text Chris to meet us at the mall. You guys can hang after. Wyatt, text the other guys. I'll text the girls. Hm. Okay, maybe Isa can come. Dad can suck it up." She's speaking so fast it's difficult to catch up with her.

"Luna-"

"Now Annabelle May." She says threateningly. I gulp and avoid her deadly gaze. Pulling out my phone, I pull up Chris's contact.

Me- Luna wants to go shopping...

Me- With us