Epilogue

6 Years Later. (Annie is 23 with a 3 year old daughter)

"Mommy."

"Hold on sweetie. I need to finish this last thi-"

"Mommy!"

"Stella, hold o-"

"Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!" Her voice begins getting louder. I slam my laptop closed, spin around in my office chair and look at the child. She stares at me with wide innocent eyes and a playful smile.

"What, Stella?" I ask impatiently. I had to take the day off of going into work today because Stella's daycare is closed and I couldn't find a babysitter. Because of this, I had to work from home. Trust me, that's difficult when you have a kid who needs attention every two seconds.

I love her though. She's one of the best things to happen to me. Stella is a smart little girl. She's adorable, sweet and loves helping me and her dad with daily tasks. The problem is, she also craves our attention. She's lucky she's so damn cute.

"When will Daddy be home?" She asks, pouting slightly. I sigh and pick her up, sitting her on my lap. She plays with the necklace clasped around my neck and occasionally glances at me. I smile.

"He'll be home soon, Sweetie. I know you're excited to help build your playhouse but you need to be patient." I tell her calmly. She frowns and shakes her head.

"No! I want build it now. No waiting." She whines. I stand up and maneuver her onto my hip. She stops playing with my necklace and moves on to my hair. I carry her downstairs and place her gently on the counter.

"How about we make some cookies for Daddy?" I offer. A wide grin takes over her face as she quickly nods. I take out the ingredients and gives her a small bowl of chocolate chips to eat. She giggles and begins eating them.

I grab two bowls and set to work. I crack the eggs in a separate bowl and proceed to pour them in with the other wet ingredients. Stella watches quietly until I move to mix everything together.

"Can I do that?" She asks softly. I smile and nod. She puts her chocolate down and takes the bowl of dry ingredients. Carefully, she dumps it all into the bowl of wet ingredients. I hand her a spoon to mix it.

She giggles and sets to work. I hear the door opening before Chris calling "I'm home!". Stella's eyes widen.

"Daddy!" She yells. I help her off the counter and watch her run into his arms. He chuckles and spins her around, her squeals of laughter echoing around us.

Chris and I got married nearly as soon as I found out I was pregnant. That was three years ago. I know I was very young but I was also ready. I was only twenty when I got pregnant with Stella. She's my pride and joy. My mom supported me the whole way, never once looking down upon me for becoming such a young mother.

Speaking of Mom, she and Roland also got married. I was 18 when that one happened. She had me, Taylor and Violet as bridesmaids and Luna as maid of honor. Isabella was chosen as flower girl.

Ah yes. Isa. My little sister is now 18 and finishing up her last year of high school. She managed to become queen bee at her school. Isa became cheer captain and student council president. Don't ask how she managed that because I have no clue. She's definitely not like Cami though. In fact, she refuses to accept anyone bullying anybody.

I never ended up fully forgiving my father but I still see him sometimes. He lives with my sister whom I often go pick up so it's only a given. I've had a few civil conversations but I'm not sure I can 100 percent forgive his actions. It hurt my entire family.