Chapter Twenty-Two

"Who are you texting?" I ask Luna. She hardly glances at me when she shrugs. Taylor scoffs.

"She's texting a boy."

I raise an eyebrow as I park the car. "How do you know?" I ask. Vi snorts and swings open the passenger side door.

"You haven't seen the little smiles? She isn't even letting Tay see her phone." My best friend points out. I frown. I'm glad she's moving on but who the hell is she texting?

"Care to share with the class?" I ask. Luna shoots me a smile and steps out of the vehicle.

"Boys are waiting." She says innocently. I groan and follow her and the others over to the front gate. Wyatt and Chris seem to be arguing about something but instantly shut up when we arrive. I catch my brother shoot Chris a quick glare before he kisses Taylor's cheek.

I walk over to Chris. "What was that about?" I question. He barely looks at me, eyes focused on the floor.

"Nothing that concerns you." He mumbles. I scoff. Here I thought we were becoming friends. He stalks off to the ticket thing. We all follow. Violet shoots me a confused look to which I shrug.

"Two tickets." Chris mutters. I raise an eyebrow. Wyatt quickly jumps in.

"Who the hell are you paying for?" He asks. I roll my eyes. Jesus this boy. Chris glances at me.

"Anna and me. You're paying for you and Taylor aren't you?" He asks in a 'duh' tone. Wyatt narrows his eyes slightly.

"Tay is my girlfriend. Annie isn't yours." He says coolly. Something flashes in his eyes but it's gone as quickly as it appears. What is going on between them? Luna sighs and steps between the boys.

"So what, Wyatt? He's paying for our sister. Oh fucking well. What is going on between you guys?" She cuts in. Tay leans over and whispers in my ear.

"Wild guess that their argument is about you." I frown at her slightly smirking face. What the hell? Why would they argue about me? I'm innocent.

"Whatever. You girls don't get it." My brother rolls his eyes. I look back at the ticket person and- Wait where'd he get the popcorn? I want some.

I feel a tug at my hand and focus back on the rest of my surroundings. Violet is smiling at me, amused. I shake off her hand and follow everyone into the amusement park. Yay! I didn't actually want to come today but now that I'm here, I'm excited.

Chris grabs my hand and looks at my with a giddy smile. Uh what happened to avoiding my eyes? He's now making physical contact.  Wait wait hold the fuck up. Why does his hand in mine make me fucking nervous? Woah.

"Let's go on the roller coaster." He suggests. I look at everyone else. Wyatt is winning Tay some stuffed animal at some game. Luna and Violet are competing in a basketball thing. I sigh. Okay, why not?

"Let's go." He fist pumps the air and drags me over to the ride. I examine the rickety looking tracks and nearly change my mind. Alas, Chris doesn't give me that option. He flashes the guy our bracelets for unlimited rides and pulls me into one of the carts.

"Are you nervous?" A teasing smile pulls at his lips. I gulp and look away. Yes...but not entirely because of the ride. What is happening to me? This is so odd. The lever thing comes down, locking us in. Chris squeezes my hand.

"Ready, Babe?"

I scowl at him. "Don't call me that. Friends or not." I mumble. He just smirks as the ride  jolts forward. I shiver when his breath hits my neck.

"I was hoping we could be more than friends." He whispers.

Oh shit. God please give me the strength to not pummel him. Better yet, stop the blush spreading on my face. That'd be more helpful.