Chapter Seventeen

"Do I even want to know why you two are soaking wet and somehow covered in mud at the same time? And- is that ice cream in your hair?" Mom asks. Luna stifles a laugh, which Wyatt fails to do. In fact, my brother bursts into loud as fuck laughter.

"Oh my fucking God." Wyatt says, snorting. I frown at the other person on our couch. He's still here?

"You guys are home pretty late. It's past ten at night. Have fun?" Roland says, his own eyes glinting in amusement.

"Does it look like we did?" I grumble. Everyone except me and Chris laugh. I smirk and turn to the devil beside me.

"Why don't we go upstairs and clean off?" I suggest, a smirk pulling at my lips. He scowls.

"Why don't you shut up?" He fires back. I smile sweetly, irritation probably showing in my eyes.

"No thank you. Why don't we go take showers? Separately. We're a mess." I state. He glares at me.

"Why don't you stop torturing everyone with your annoying voice?" He says coolly. I laugh and pat his shoulder.

"Funny. Why don't we try to get along for a bit?" I say. He growls and storms upstairs. I laugh. So dramatic.

"What was that about?" Luna asks. I shrug innocently.

"I don't know, but you know that? It's kind of unbelievable how we can never seem to get along. I don't even remember what we were fighting for half the time. I still do think about when we got along. Such a shame we can't go back to being friends." I hear a groan from the steps and I grin.

Everyone stares at me confused. I wave to them all before going upstairs. The second I step into my bedroom, I'm slammed against the wall. My eyes widen as Chris pins my arms above my head and stops me from moving.

"What the fu-"

"Annie? Are you okay?" Mom calls. I open my mouth to speak but Chris quickly takes one of his hands from mine and covers my mouth.

"She's fine! The clumsy idiot fell!" He lies, smirking wickedly at me. Asshole. Mom says something that I can't decipher while Christopher shuts my door.

He returns to pinning both my arms above me. "You're on thin ice, Love." He warns. I smirk up at him.

"Good thing I can swim then." I state. He raises an eyebrow and scoffs. His hold on my wrists loosen and he steps away from me. I let out a breath I didn't even realize I was holding. Jesus Christ this idiot. He chuckles and shakes his head.

"Look, Babe, I'm trusting you with this band secret. Don't make me regret it." He says sternly. I grin.

"What do I get out of it?" I ask back, crossing my arms. He hesitates.

"Free cupcakes every morning for a month?" He asks. I think it over for a moment. A month is a bit small of a timeframe. Hm.

"Make it a year and you've got yourself a deal, Beckham." I extend my hand. He sighs and smiles, shaking it.

"Pleasure doing business with you, Simpson."

He goes to leave my room, running into Luna on his way out. She eyes the mud on him in disgust and avoids touching him. I smile at her and head into my bathroom to turn on the shower.

"What even happened?" My sister asks, leaning against the doorway. I laugh and get in the shower, disregarding the fact Luna is still standing there watching. Ahem...perv.

Not that it really matters. We grew up taking baths together and seen eachother in...well little to no clothing.

"Well...I dumped a milkshake on him and then the asshole chased me to the lake across the street. Um...I tried out running him but may have ended up on the dock. Chris tried pushing me in but I dragged him with me. Resulting in us getting soaked head to toe." I explain. I hear her laugh.