Chapter Twenty-One

It's Friday and we've gone the last day or two without seeing or hearing from my father. Chris and I have been hanging out a little more. 'To catch up' in his words. The girls and Wyatt have noticed the difference but so far haven't commented on it.

On the bright side though, the concert is tomorrow! I get to see my favorite band live on stage singing! I don't think it can get better than that. Well, unless I was meeting them or dating one. Maybe Zach. We're the closest in age. I mean, he's only two years older.

"We need to talk." Violet states, glancing at the two girls flanking her sides. I raise an eyebrow. Looks like I spoke to soon.

"About?" I ask, playing dumb. Luna looks around and grabs my hand, dragging me to the girl's bathroom. Some freshmen girls are in there when we arrive.

"Scram." Taylor demands. They look at us wide eyed before running out. I roll my eyes. Seriously? Scared of a senior girl? She's human not an alien.

"You and Chris. Spill." Vi orders sternly. I lean against the wall and shrug.

"Spill what?" I ask innocently. They all scowl at me. Jesus girls. Relax, it was a joke. What's got them so serious?

"You and Chris. Have you not realized he's always putting his arm around you? And you, instead of threatening him, lean into it! What the hell is going on? Don't you hate him?" Taylor asks incredulously. I shrugs and stare at the floor instead of them.

"Hate is a bit strong..." I trail off. Luna scoffs.

"Maybe so, but dislike isn't and you usually don't lean into the people you dislike like you've been doing with him. Plus, you two have been joking around with eachother and none of us hangout after school anymore. The last few days, you've been with him. It's...weird." My sister says.

I shrug, a small smile pulling at my lips. "He's surprisingly good company." I tell them. They all share confused looks.

"What made you want to hangout with him?"

"What changed?"

"Do you like him?"

"First of all, Taylor, to catch up. Second, Luna, he apologized for the events that happened that day and then we got drunk. Violet...ew. No. I mean, as a friend yeah but gross." I give her a look of disgust.

"What are you two doing tomorrow then? When I heard you talking, it sounded like a date." Luna says suspiciously. I roll my eyes. It's a concert where my focus will be on five other guys instead of the one I go with. That hardly seems like a fucking date. Although, it'd be the best damn date ever to be honest.

"It's not a date. Chris is going somewhere and I begged him to bring me." I explain vaguely.

"And you'll be beggin' on your knees for me." Taylor sings under her breath. I shoot her an amused smile. Victorious? Really? I'm surrounded by children. I'm the only mature one. It's not like I watch mermaid shows in my free time. Pft.

"Where cou-"

"Can we go? I'm missing class all because you three are nosy." I say impatiently. They roll their eyes but turn and walk out. Right before I can leave the bathroom, my phone vibrates with a message. I smile when I see the sender.

Isa😝- Class is so boringgg

Me- Lol I know but you shouldnt have your phone out in class...wait why do you? My teachers always catch me!

Isa😝- I'm more sneaky. And your in class to hypocrite

Me- Actually I'm not. My friends and  our sister cornered me and wanted gossip time but pay attention