Chapter 4

Téa had something else to think about. Maybe it would've been better to try to move with something different than a magic issue. Yet, here Téa was, completely desperate and in need of help. It was impossible to control it. It happened randomly without any warning. Téa couldn't control it and her life was getting even crazier with every passing second. If Atem was here, he might've known how to help. Atem was a pharaoh possessing magic abilities. Atem would've helped her, but he wasn't here. That made her even more sorrowful. Téa was so alone. Probably her thoughts were written all over her face because one of her trainees – a little girl, approached her.

"Miss Gardner are you okay?" She asked, her name was Tammy. Téa looked at her and thought about her question.

"Not yet, Tammy, but I'll be soon." Téa had just decided on something.

The kid had no idea what her teacher meant by that but never really thought much about it. Adults were confusing and strange anyway, so she went to her friends. Maybe Téa needed to distract herself. Téa was thinking about Atem all the time. Téa missed him, true, but it was like an unhealthy obsession. Téa exhaled deeply preparing herself for what she was going to do. Téa wasn't right to be rude to her friends, she needed to apologise, at least. Her shift was over, so Téa went towards the game shop of Yugi's grandpa. Actually, Téa didn't remember the last time she went to the Kame Game. It has been so long, but Téa needed to face her fears even though everything was connected to him. Téa let her hair fall down free of the hairband. It reached past her shoulders and looked more beautiful than before. Partly because Téa wasn't motivated enough to have it cut so often. It was a good thing because Téa liked it better now. Téa wondered what he would've thought about it. Well, it was again something Téa wouldn't know. Her legs brought her to the shop on pure instinct being there so many times. Téa gulped, that was it. What if Yugi wasn't here? Téa never called, just decided to come and well, talk to him. There was only one way to find out. Téa entered the small building and saw the familiar figure of Mr Muto behind the counter.

"Hello, Mr Muto!" Téa greeted him catching his attention.

"Téa! I haven't seen you in a long while." The old man scanned her judgingly. "Are you alright? All of you, kids, accept Atem's departure very gravely." Grandpa commented with sadness. Téa hesitated a little before answering.

"We miss him a lot, Atem was our friend." It was the only answer Téa could give him. Mr Muto looked long at her.

"Yes, I see." Téa decided to change the topic.

"Um, is Yugi home?" His grandpa got out of his thoughts.

"Yes, I'll call him." Grandpa disappeared upstairs. Téa could hear him talking to his grandson. "You have a visitor, Yugi."

"Who?" Her childhood friend asked.

"A friend of yours."

Soon Téa heard the steps coming closer and Yugi's spiky tri-coloured hair. No matter how Yugi changed and matured, he had a few major differences from Atem Téa was able to notice. His hair, for instance, Atem's was spikier and bigger. Half of his blonde locks were up instead of down as all of Yugi's. Another thing was the eyes; Atem had gorgeous eyes and he was radiating with power and confidence. Yugi noticed her with a surprised look on his face. Obviously, Yugi didn't expect to see her anytime soon.

"Hey, Yugi," Téa tried to sound more cheerful.

"Hi Téa, I didn't expect to see you." Yugi didn't add what Téa was thinking about – ever again.

"Why don't you go inside and have a lemonade?" Grandpa suggested.

"Yeah, come on Téa." The boy led the way.