Chapter 6

They entered the tomb bringing flashlights with them due to the lack of any light. It was old and dirty, unlike Atem's tomb but well, the Ishtars had kept it in good shape for generations. This princess didn't have the same courtesy then.

"We haven't uncovered everything," Ishizu said not so helpfully. "The archaeologists are doing their job but there are some hidden chambers we couldn't enter." Téa looked at her darkly.

"Let me guess, I'm the one to help you do that." Téa wasn't very excited for obvious reasons.

Ishizu chose not to answer. Téa was in a bitter mood and making her angrier wouldn't help the least bit. Téa brought them to wherever they were able to proceed. It was much more than an ancient mystery. It was magically locked keeping whatever was there safe inside and intruders away.

"That's the place. And here's a carving on a tablet like the ones we had about the pharaoh. This is the princess." Ishizu showed her to that corner of the room.

Ishizu was right. When the light caught the stone carving, Téa saw the resemblance instantly. The girl was so unmistakably her. Yet, she wasn't. Téa was sure of it. It was only a resemblance between them.

"There's more forward but we couldn't proceed." Ishizu informed the brunette.

Téa stood there and looked around with her torch. So many symbols and hieroglyphs Téa didn't understand. Téa wasn't a historian and there was no way to decipher her way through here. No, there must be some other way to do it. Téa focused on what was inside her to guide her and it worked. A weak light appeared behind one of the walls. Téa approached it and touched it carefully. It was the magic which did the job. This was the key. The tiny path and the abyss on both sides looked anything but soothing. They reminded her of their search for Atem's name. His tomb was quite familiar.

"Actually, do you know exactly when she lived?" Téa asked suddenly curious about it.

"About three or two thousand years ago. Maybe in between, we haven't received the laboratory results of the dating of the tomb yet." So, it was her guess then.

It gave her enough information, however. It meant this princess lived a few millennia after Atem. Somehow, Téa knew this mattered. Téa still had to understand why. Téa began walking slowly and carefully through the pathway. It was very unsure, and she might end up in any of both sides. Téa gulped but continued determined to find what was waiting for her at the end of the bridge. Finally, Téa was on the other side, her forehead sweating. Téa found a silver box and reached for it, but she was stopped abruptly by Ishizu's voice.

"Be careful, it might be a trap." Oh yeah, ancient people simply loved booby traps.

Téa resumed her actions and this time reached the object. It was a jewellery box, actually. So inside might be... Téa opened it slowly and saw what Téa was informed in advance. The necklace was laying here – it was beautiful. It was made of silver and the pendant itself was an hourglass which was decorated with tiny sapphires. Or at least, Téa thought they were. It was pretty small and inside Téa could see something bluish. Blue sand? Téa took it from its place and felt as if she was meant to put it on, so she did. The moment the jewel was fastened around her neck, everything went white.

Téa was getting used to these sudden disappearances. This time, however, Téa didn't go to the past. It was simply... nowhere in particular. It was hard to describe it. It just looked out of the normal world, a paralleled dimension. Finally, Téa noticed the figure standing in front of her. It was like looking at a mirror, except for the clothes and well, the royal air around her. So, this was the princess. She didn't look surprised to see her.