Chapter 24

Téa had put an end to the duel without declaring any winner. The duel was simply a distraction anyway, Gauntlez wasn't interested in anything the pharaoh could offer. He could sense the sorceress's determination. Her downfall would be even sweeter. Téa was aware of the ring Gauntlez used the last time. Téa had to get rid of it first before using the mirror. Otherwise, the artefact would be destroyed like last time.

"Your boyfriend was stalling for time, so did you succeed?" Téa wasn't going to take the bite.

"You'll see," was Téa's answer.

Atem had to step back and leave this fight to Téa. No matter how strongly Atem wished to help, Téa had to face her own battles. Moreover, Téa was different, she was stronger and more confident. The girl who dreamt of becoming a dancer had grown up and Atem was proud of her.

"First, I don't want your boyfriend interfering, so I deeply apologise for the inconvenience your majesty," Gauntlez said in amusement before creating a spell.

His magic went Atem's way, entrapping him in a dark enchanted web. Atem was unable to move and interfere even if he wanted to. Téa hated to see Atem trapped and immediately moved in his way but Atem shook his head.

"No, don't." Atem refused her help. Téa had to focus on their enemy, not him. With his peripheral vision, Atem noticed Gauntlez was preparing to attack. "Téa, watch out!" Atem warned her.

Gauntlez attacked first sending a blast at Téa. Téa jumped out of the way quickly avoiding the contact. The blast exploded on the ground, away from Téa. In order to beat him, Téa had to rely on her own magic. Calling on the necklace's powers, she skipped a few paces emerging in different places. The necklace was a tool to travel not only in time but in space too after all. Téa tried to approach Gauntlez but he was too fast and predicted her every move. Getting the ring out of him would prove to be a harder task than Téa anticipated.

"Do you know what kind of magic I have stolen during the ages?" Gauntlez asked her all of a sudden.

"One that doesn't belong to you for sure," Téa replied boldly.

"Nice try but why don't I demonstrate you?" Téa was confused.

Next time Téa emerged somewhere else, Gauntlez used his powers on the ground itself. Téa was pulled towards it and couldn't move. What was happening and why was Téa stuck to the ground?

"What's going on?" Téa asked in alarm.

"Earth magic, your jumps in time came to a halt." So, Gauntlez possessed elemental magic too.

Téa cursed under her breath trying to find a way to free herself. Then it dawned on her, just when Gauntlez jumped at her Téa extended her hands at the ground bringing back the time reversing what it was a few moments ago.

"Nice try," Téa mocked him when she was away.

"Very well, we'll try something else." By that, he meant the hand that extended from the ground itself.

The hand tried to get hold of her wherever she went. Damn him and all his stolen magic. Nothing of this belonged to him, Gauntlez and the others were like any other thieves. Once again, Téa used her powers to freeze the ground in time and stop it.

"You come from pure light, right?" His question confused Téa. "Let's see how you'll cope into eternal darkness."

The real element Gauntlez and the others possessed were the powers of darkness. They were the complete opposite of the princess and Téa too. Gauntlez used his own abilities to create a fog of darkness engulfing Téa. The darkness would soon drain her energy, it would feed slowly on her pure lightness.