Chapter 7

Atem was in his throne room when it happened. Atem felt a sharp pain in the head, so he had to stop and lean on the wall next to him. Atem touched his face confused by this sudden outburst. Since Atem was here, everything was so constant, even annoyingly invariable but that... Suddenly, a new memory re-surfaced in his mind. Something Atem didn't know he had forgotten in the first place.

*

It was some kind of celebration on this day, Atem didn't remember what exactly. As per usual, he wasn't very excited about receptions and too many guests, so Atem went outside. They could enjoy themselves without his royal presence. It was a relief to be away from the crowd. Atem thought he was the only one who wanted a bit of solitude, but it looked like Atem wasn't alone. There was a girl in the gardens, and Atem could tell she was a very beautiful one. She had a lovely blue dress made of some very soft material. Atem approached her, without her noticing his presence yet. When Atem was behind her, she turned around startled only to find him bringing a shock to her face.

"I am sorry for scaring you, my lady." Atem apologised never missing her eyes.

The girl was indeed beautiful. She had the most sensitive sapphire blue eyes. Her hair was long and brown and judging by her fair skin, she was a foreigner. So, a foreign princess then.

"Who are you?" Atem dared ask.

"Doesn't matter." She said, her shocked expression replaced by a sad one. She knew that it was neither the time, nor the place for this. "We're not meant to be." She smiled sadly coming closer to him.

Atem was about to say something, but she touched his cheek and Atem forgot what he was going to say. Unwillingly, she affected his memory. Aten had to forget her and all that happened. It was her secret and she couldn't involve him in this. Maybe one day... they would be together. Or not. She knew it was an impossible desire and she had to delete this memory. Atem had to see her future self as herself, not as... She sighed until he completely forgot about the incident and... her. She looked one more time at him. Atem was the most handsome and attractive man she had ever seen with his unique three-coloured hair and amethyst eyes.

*

Atem returned back to the present, completely lost to what happened. This was... how did it appear to him all of a sudden? Atem did regain his memory some time ago, everything should have been back to him. Except... Atem remembered her words and her touch. She made him forget. But why? Who was she? She looked exactly as Téa, but Atem could notice the differences. Maybe someone who didn't know her would think they were identical but to him... they were completely different. Atem knew Téa too well and that girl wasn't his Téa. Wait... his? Atem shook his head in confusion. Atem had to know who she was. She wanted him not to remember her so there must've been a very good reason for that. Still recovering from the strange experience, Atem was interrupted by Shada's voice.

"Is there something wrong, my king? You look pale." Atem looked at him, not sure how to answer that question.

"I... I am well. I need to find Isis." Atem avoided the answer and quickly left his High Priest behind.

Shada knew something was wrong with their ruler. Atem wasn't the same as he returned. Somehow, his stay in the future had affected him deeply and he was deeply attached to his friends there. The young pharaoh quickly covered the distance to Isis' place. Atem entered the temple getting her attention. Isis was a bit surprised to see him. Before asking anything, Atem spilt out everything.

"Isis, something strange happened to me. I remembered something I didn't know I had forgotten in the first place." Atem began. "I met a woman in the gardens during a celebration here. She was a foreigner, maybe a princess. But she looked exactly as Téa! And I think she affected my memory. But why did she do that?" The pharaoh was babbling not giving his priestess a chance to answer.