Chapter 25

Gauntlez continued with his plan, creating chaos in Domino and its citizens. They had to fall under his rule, they had no other choice. Gauntlez hurt anyone who dared come in his way. Gauntlez would turn the earth into his own amusement park. He would have it all – power, wealth and subjects to control and torment.

Atem and Téa were close but when they tried to approach, Gauntlez was gone to some other place, using Téa's powers to teleport wherever he wished. Téa was already too weakened but she had to follow with her plan at any cost.

"Atem, I have to go, I have to follow him." Téa turned at the face she loved so much. "I couldn't forgive myself if something were to happen to you. Please, stay back, I'm the only one who should risk it all." Téa genuinely wanted Atem to stay back. Even if he was already... Téa couldn't see him hurt, no.

"No, I'm coming with you." Téa tried to argue but Atem put a finger on her lips. "Remember our adventures? You never left my side, even when I lost Yugi's soul I was a terrible companion, but you never left me. You were always there for me." Atem cupped Téa's cheek.

"Atem, I don't want to risk your life," Téa's eyes betrayed her worriedness.

"I know but I'm not worried about myself. I'm here on borrowed time and I will do everything in my power to help you." Atem, however, was determined with his goal.

"Atem..." Téa saw the determination in his eyes, there was nothing that could change his mind. "Alright then, let's do it, together." Téa took his hand intertwining their fingers.

Then they ran, going for Gauntlez together. He was nowhere to be seen, Téa couldn't find him anywhere. Without Atem's shadow powers and Téa's time magic, they had nothing to aid them in their search, only the chaos in his wake. The problem was, Gauntlez changed his position constantly ruining whatever he pleased. On their way, Téa saw a girl lying on the ground. Her conscience prevailed and Téa kneeled to check if she's alright.

"Are you okay?" Téa asked turning the girl on her back. She moaned in pain, at least a clear sign she was alive.

"He just came and... and..." The woman spoke incoherently. Her amber eyes stared at Téa's in fear.

"I know, we'll stop him. Do you know where he went?" the girl fell silent for a moment.

"I think downtown Domino." Téa thanked her before helping her get up on her feet.

"Are you sure you're alright? Do you need some medical help?" The girl was coming to her senses, feeling less terrified than before.

"No, I'm fine. Thank you for your help."

Once Téa made sure she was alright, she went in the direction she was told. Her arms were bruised, and her body ached, but all of this was forgotten. Everything was even worse than the awakening of the dragons and the Leviathan. Where even were the guys – Yugi, Joey and Tristan? Téa hoped they were okay; she couldn't look for them right now. Unexpectedly, they saw the military come out of nowhere. It was the same man who came to ask for their help with Dartz and Leviathan.

"You kids, do you know what's going on?" The general spoke to Atem and Téa.

"Unfortunately, yes," Téa answered him.

"How can we stop this thing?" He inquired again.

"I'm afraid you can't sir." It was the truth. The only one capable of doing it was Téa.

"The card game again?" the general sighed in frustration. "Alright, go and stop him, kids."

He had personally seen military force was useless against the person they were facing. The way of destruction was huge. He had made himself a path through the city. Finally, Téa spotted Gauntlez and ran in his direction before she lost him out of sigh.