Chapter 11

The lesson with Teana had its benefits. First of all, Téa freed all of her suppressed magic. Téa wished to go and see Atem but she was scared. Téa was scared of what would happen now after the last time Téa visited him. Téa loved him and would've been happy for the kiss to happen, but Mana interrupted them. Now, Téa wasn't sure of his feelings. They were training and just ended up in this pose, it might've been based on physical closeness alone. That was a scary thought. Right now, Téa had a meeting with Mai. The blonde had been all too insistent for them to go shopping and have some girl time together. Mai was waiting outside with her purple car when Téa emerged from her house.

"Hey hon," Mai greeted her brunette friend.

"Hi Mai," Téa greeted.

Téa was toying with the idea to share everything with Mai. Téa hoped she'd believe her. Mai knew a lot about the past events, it wouldn't be that hard to believe Téa had supernatural powers as well. It was unexpected and surprising, but the blonde girl could handle it. Mai was a strong girl, a duellist herself and had a bossy attitude. Mai wasn't one to be ordered around.

"I like your hair better now, but don't you think about a change of wardrobe?" Mai proposed.

"I'm not really into this at the moment," Téa mumbled.

"Come on, we're going shopping, you need a new vision for yourself." Refusing Mai was like talking around rain to stop. It was pointless and fruitless. Téa could only sigh and oblige her friend as she was getting new clothes, full stop.

They arrived at a shopping centre and Téa had to keep up with Mai's pace. Mai made her go into a dozen shops and try twice as many outfits. Meanwhile, Téa was thinking about the idea of sharing, getting more convinced to do it by the minute. Finally, after hours of shopping and a lot of bags in each hand, they went for lunch and a milkshake. Téa barely touched her food, playing with the straw of the drink.

"Are you going to tell me what's troubling you?" The purple-eyed girl finally spoke. Téa bit her lip before answering.

"It's a bit difficult to digest it at first so don't freak out, okay?" Mai was curious, if she knew better, it had to do with the fantastic stuff they'd dealt before.

"Tell me if I'm wrong but it's something to do with the Atem stuff we dealt with." So, it was going to be easier than Téa thought. Mai already had a hint of what Téa might say.

"Yes, but it's about me." That was something new and the blonde leaned closer not to miss any word. "I... I have powers. Long story short, I found out I could travel in time."

"What?!" Mai's mouth fell open. That was... absolutely crazy.

"I know it sounds crazy but it's true. There's a Persian princess we two look alike, I have her abilities as well. Why now? Atem left so I was left wide open to attract unwanted attention by myself and let the powers come to life." Mai was blinkingly only, trying to comprehend the whole story.

"O-okay, let's say I believe all that. If I learned something, that's when the bad guys come." Téa grunted.

"Yeah, you're right. I have bad guys who want to steal my powers." Téa showed her the necklace. "This helps me travel to destinations of my choice as at first I did it all too randomly almost getting in huge trouble. As of my choice of a place well, you might be able to guess where I would go." Mai's eyes went wide with shock.

"You mean... you saw him?" Téa nodded.

"Yes, I visited him in the afterlife." Téa smiled at the thought.

"Wow, that's... great hon, I think. That's what you wanted, isn't it?" Mai already knew the answer.

"I visited him a couple of times already. But I haven't... I didn't tell him about my feelings. I don't know if Atem feels the same way. Even if I tell him, Atem's gone and..." her eyes looked away.