Chapter 26

Téa woke up in confusion taking in her surroundings. Téa had fallen asleep under Teana's touch, probably she had just come back where Teana had no more power. Teana had no access to the present, so it caused Téa to wake up. Domino looked like it always did, there was no trace of Gauntlez's invasion. So, Téa's spell had worked, everything was back to normal unaffected. The town itself didn't remember Téa's pain, it did not mourn Atem's loss. It all came back to Téa – all her memories, all her grief. Téa sat hugging her lonely figure. There was no one to hold her anymore, no one to love her. Her sorrow hit her in the face, going through her like a wave. Téa was back in the same abyss she was not so long ago. His loss would kill her this time. Yes, Téa could visit him in the afterlife but not to hold him or be with him ever again... Téa might have won against the Spell Thieves but the truth was, Téa had lost the most important battle in her life. There was nothing Téa could do, despite all the power she possessed, Téa was completely helpless against her own fate.

Her sad thoughts reminded her of Seto Kaiba. The arrogant CEO of Kaiba Corp always spoke of deciding his own destiny and look at her now. Téa shared a bitter laugh with the birds, if only Kaiba could see her now. The hyperactive cheerleader was completely gone; Téa was even more bitter than Kaiba himself.

Téa had nothing left and if she didn't find a way to bring him back... there would be no reason for her to live. Téa cried out loud angry at her own helplessness. Even her hands were healed, probably thanks to Teana. The princess had tried to take this pain away, but it did not comfort Téa at all. There was nothing left to do but pray, that was her only hope.

"Please, please gods hear my plea. I lost something very dear to me but there's nothing I can do. Please, help me in my darkest hour, I plead of thee." Téa's words came out of her heart.

If... if they decided not to answer her preys, Téa had no other option left. While sitting on the ground, a bright light appeared causing Téa to lift her head. The light absorbed the brunette transporting her to another place. When Téa could see again, she was in some kind of throne room with immortal beings. Even without being told their names, Téa knew who they were. Téa could feel it in her blood, they were the gods. Téa raised from the ground to her feet.

"Time sorceress, we heard your plea." The one who spoke was the mighty Osiris.

"I... I have a wish my heart desires but one I cannot make it come true," Téa spoke humbly with bowed head.

"You want the pharaoh to live," it wasn't a question.

"Yes," Téa agreed cautiously.

"We cannot bring him back. The pharaoh served his destiny dying five thousand years ago." Teana was right, the gods were indeed cruel.

Téa had to bite her lip in order to stop her remark. Hadn't Atem deserved a second chance at life after saving the world so many times? Did their ultimate hero deserve to be dead? His reward for everything he had done was death, how generous. However, Téa calmed her rage, it would do her no good to shout at some of the most powerful beings ever in existence.

"I beg of thee, my life will never be whole without Atem," Téa noticed Isis's expression softened even if a little bit.

"We already told you sorceress; we cannot bring the pharaoh back to life. He served his purpose to help you as promised." Osiris spoke sternly.

The gods had made their mind, they were ruthless. Téa was desperate, she was running out of options. Her only hope laid with the gods, but they were final with their decision. Then it dawned on her, they didn't do anything for free. Teana had said that before. Well then, Téa had another idea. There was something she was willing to exchange. Looking them straight in the eye, Téa had a determined look in her eyes.