Chapter 8

The magic worked, Téa wasn't in her room anymore. Téa gasped, looking around. It was so light and peaceful here. Maybe Atem liked it. There was one little problem – Téa had no idea where to find him and had too little precious time to lose. Téa entered the palace; it was the most obvious place for a deceased royalty to be. Téa went through the gardens unsure where to go. Téa noticed a woman in Egyptian clothes coming out of another small building. Was it okay to ask her for help? Last few times in the past Téa met some highly unfriendly people so... Téa decided against it, but it was too late; the woman had already seen her. Téa then recognised her. She looked exactly as Ishizu, but she couldn't... except that she wasn't Ishizu but her ancestor, Isis, Téa recalled. The priestess ran towards her, excited to see the brunette.

"Lady Téa?" Isis asked when she approached her. Well, Téa hadn't been told lady before.

"Yeah, except not a lady." Isis only waved with her hand as if Téa was a child she was scolding at.

"I'll take you to the pharaoh." Isis took her hand and they ran through the halls.

That was an unexpected turn of events. The woman was obviously excited to see her but why? Maybe Isis had some powers to see in the future and knew something they didn't? Téa had no time to think, the priestess was leading her all too quickly. Téa would see him again, Atem was here. It made her all excited and nervous at the same time. Her stomach was a ball of nerves. Would Atem be happy to see her? Of course, Atem would be. Wait... would Téa tell him about her... feelings? The colour drained from her face; no, no way, Téa couldn't do it. Before another thought entered her mind, they had stopped in front of a grand doorway. Isis smiled at her and opened without giving her a chance to prepare or anything. Téa held her breath staying close behind the Egyptian, but Isis quickly moved away revealing her instead. Atem was there, his back facing the door, but Téa knew instantly it was him. Téa gulped, that was it. The thing Téa had wished, dreamt of, even prayed for was finally coming true. Atem turned hearing someone enter the chambers. That was when Téa truly saw him, completely frozen in her place.

Atem was alone in the library. Atem highly appreciated all kinds of knowledge. The library was a place Atem had always liked being in. Atem was intrigued to learn about the world, foreign nations, lands... It was amazing. But Atem had spent quite some time in the modern world, and it was so much bigger than he thought. Back in Ancient times, they had very little knowledge about everything around them. Now, they had sciences, people specialising in different areas... it was simply fascinating. Atem was looking at a manuscript when he heard the door opening. Atem turned slowly around only to freeze in his place. This couldn't be... His mouth gaped a little at the sight of the girl in front of him. It was... if Atem wasn't mistaking them and was seeing clearly, it was Téa!

They both stood unmoving at a distance, too stunned to do anything at all. First to come to her senses was Téa. Her eyes filled with tears and Téa ran towards him. Atem was still shocked when Téa reached him and hugged him tightly. Téa didn't care if she was already crying, it had been so long, and she was finally seeing him, feeling him!

"Atem!" His name was said with such a relief and praising, it caused him to get out of the trance.

Atem returned the hug, enveloping her tiny waist with his arms. It was her; it really was. Atem felt her silent sobs vanish between them. How had Atem missed her... If Atem could've, he wouldn't let her go and hold her forever. The feeling of her being in his arms was the most incredible thing Atem had ever experienced. Téa was holding him and still couldn't believe it was true. Téa was afraid it was only a dream and she would soon wake up. But it was real, Téa was here. It seemed like after an eternity later, they parted but only a little to see each other, still holding for the other. Téa was crying less than before but still, crystal tears streamed down her face. Atem looked at her lovingly and wiped them off with his thumb.