Chapter 23

Téa and Atem spent the night making love in front of the fireplace before moving to the bedroom and falling asleep. The next day they prepared breakfast together making pancakes. The time was spent cooking and kissing in between. This weekend was a piece of heaven they stole for themselves.

"I really like this place," Téa spoke while washing the dishes. "It's so nice and peaceful if we could've... that's the kind of home I wish for us." Téa admitted.

"So, do I," Atem agreed.

Atem saw the hurt expression on Téa's face and approached her. Atem took her hand gently stopping her from what she was doing. Atem brought Téa closer forcing her to face him. Téa was creating dreams for them, ones that could never happen.

"Téa, promise me you won't fall into misery again once I... once I'm gone." Atem cupped her cheek willing Téa to face him.

"I can't, you know as well as me that I won't be able to face your departure again." Téa's eyes filled with tears.

"Téa..." His voice betrayed his own sadness.

Téa sobbed before burying her face into Atem's chest. Why were the gods so cruel? Didn't Atem do enough to deserve a second chance? It simply wasn't fair. Atem hugged her, trying to comfort her unsuccessfully.

"Let's enjoy the time we have, okay?" Atem asked in an effort to make her feel better. Téa only nodded tearfully.

Téa wiped her tears and resumed her work in the sink. Cleaning the dished would distract her and that's what she needed. Téa had other problems besides Atem's departure. The mirror was very much broken and Téa had no solution as to how to fix it. Meeting with Teana didn't give her any ideas of what to do. On top of that, Gauntlez's words still echoed in her head. Gauntlez promised he'd attack when she least expected it. Gauntlez would ruin her happiness, he vowed. Téa hadn't shared this with Atem but she was constantly worried.

"Do you have any idea how to fix the mirror?" Atem asked while drying the utensils.

"No, the mirror is still shattered. I don't know how I can fix something that's broken and well, drained."

They finished with the dishes and arranged them. The day was young, they had plenty of time. Atem had suggested going to the beach earlier and they were going to visit the villa's private region. Téa put on a blue bikini swimsuit and a light dress on top. Atem had some shorts on and a T-shirt.

"Okay, let's go," taking her hand, he led the way.

They just went outside and started walking on the sand when the air itself changed. Téa knew this coldness, he was here. The sunny sky changed, getting darker and the sea was raging. Nature was rebelling against this.

"Gauntlez, show yourself!" Téa shouted, never doubting it was him.

The man himself appeared from a dark cloud. His cold smile was ever-present, as promised he was here to take her powers. Téa couldn't let him do it but she no longer had the power to stop him.

"Well, if that's not our little time sorceress. Completely defenceless and powerless to stop me." Gauntlez's grin widened.

"Téa, you need to find a way to fix it," Atem spoke with certainty.

"How?!" Téa had no idea how to do it.

"Go in the past, it's not safe here for you." Téa couldn't believe her ears.

"No, I can't leave you here. It's out of the question!" Téa declined immediately.

"Listen to me Téa, it's for the best. You'll fix it and I can take care of myself. Now go!" Atem's voice was stern, he possessed the authority of a born leader.