Chapter 15

When they arrived at the game shop, Yugi was eager to tell grandpa about Atem. Yugi didn't leave any choice to Atem before bringing him inside and calling for his grandpa. Mr Muto was inside the shop as he emerged a few moments later. Grandpa was as surprised to see Atem as Yugi was earlier. Mr Muto greeted Atem as his own grandson, embracing him tightly. Mr Muto totally refused Atem to call him anything besides grandpa. Atem was his boy too along with Yugi. Both with Yugi prepared the spare bedroom not letting Atem do anything as he was their guest. Atem felt so uncomfortable intruding like that and doing nothing. It was an eventful day, but it was far from over. Yugi acted like a little kid who was bouncing off the edges due to eating sugar in the form of sweets all day. It was late but both boys couldn't sleep so they stayed on the floor in Atem's new room staring at the night sky. Yugi had brought two sleeping bags for them.

"You know, I suspected you had feelings for Téa," Yugi couldn't drop the topic.

"I guess my emotions haven't been so hidden after all." Atem sighed, it had been useless to try to hide it from Yugi, not when they both shared a body and a mind link.

"That's not true; I don't know a lot of things, but your actions gave you away. Your first reaction, your first thought, when any of us were in danger was always about Téa." Atem avoided eye-contact. Atem had tried so hard to hide all of it but this... it was visible for all to see.

"It was for the best if it stayed hidden. It wasn't fair to Téa, she deserves so much better." Atem still felt some regret about his decision to share his feelings. It was going to hurt even more when... Atem had to go again. Atem was going to hurt the most important being for him once again.

"No, you both deserve this and I'm happy for you and for Téa." A tiny light of hope took root in Atem's chest. If only there was a chance, one chance...

They continued talking until the early hours of the new day eventually falling asleep at some point. In the morning Yugi took Atem shopping for new clothes. After switching to a more modern version of himself, Atem noticed girls staring at him and giggling. Atem was currently wearing black pants and a navy-blue shirt with rolled-up sleeves. Along with the perfect body structure, Atem was probably a pretty attractive view to the females, not that Atem cared. There was only one woman that mattered, and Atem could not wait to see her.

"You've got some fangirls, brother." Yugi absolutely loved to tease him as it seemed. Atem threw him a murderous glare which scared not his friend. "So, shall we go and see your girlfriend now?" Atem glared at him, feeling totally desperate with Yugi's impish side. Atem only sighed following Yugi in his wake.

*

Téa took extra time to make sure she was flawless. Somehow Atem's presence here and their... the relationship made her feel self-conscious about her looks and everything. Téa left her hair fall down richly on her back. Yes, this length was so much better. Téa also put on some of the new clothes she got thanks to Mai. Mai popped up this morning after Téa texted her. Téa missed the part about Atem being actually here. Téa didn't wish to involve Mai any more than she already had. Téa was still fussing in front of the mirror when the bell rang, she was frantic to open the front door. Atem's looks took her breath away; it was the first time Téa was seeing Atem as his very own self here in the present – no influence from Yugi or anything, just a normal twenty-first century boy. Téa had to give him that – Atem was incredibly hot and the change of wardrobe if anything highlighted it even more. Téa failed to notice Yugi up until now. Atem's lighter and more mischievous copy had a smug grin on his face.

"I see you finally managed to notice something besides Atem, although you're hard to blame. Every girl we bypassed couldn't take her eyes off of him," Yugi chuckled impishly and Téa sent him a murderous glare. What other girls?!