Chapter 1

Kevin entered the room of the classroom, adjusting his red cap in an attempt to mask his bedhead. He glanced around with his emerald eyes, figuring out where to sit. Despite his body language, Kevin was scared for his first day of high school. His breath was shakey. His heart raced. As his eyes frantically scanned the classroom he saw Nat at the back of the room. "Thank God," he mumbled under his breath. As he stuttered towards Nat, he could feel Eddy's eyes piercing into the back of his head.

Take a picture! it'll last longer! He thought to himself, smirking. Nat finally looked up as Kevin reached his desk. Nat held out his hand.

"Sup bro! How you been?"

"Pretty chill." He answered, his voice shaky as he talked. Nat giggled at him, "Nervous much princess?" Kevin glared at his friend, "Hey, fuck you, man." This only made Nat laugh harder. Kevin held his hand up and with a loud THWACK slapped Nat across the head. Still smiling, Nat rubs his head. "Can you maybe not assault me the first day?" Nat laughed.

"Kevin! How rude of you!" Kevin turned around at the sound. Standing in front of him was Edd. Edd had grown an inch over the summer and was still taller than Kevin. What a bummer. Kevin thought sourly. Edds crystal blue eyes made him that much less intimidating, although he still looked like a shy marshmellow.

Kevin smirked. "And why should I listen to dork like you?" Edd frowned, trying to come up with a good explanation. Finally, Edd sighed in defeat. "You don't have to," Edd began. "But Nat is your friend. You shouldn't treat a friend like this Kevin." Kevin's smirk faded and he looked over at Nat, then back to Edd. Kevin stared at Double D and his heart began to race. His formal manner made him seem flat out adorable. He glanced at Edds lips.

He seems so cute. So genuine. So- Kevin went wide-eyed at this thought. What! No! You're not gay! Especially not for Edd! You literally just broke up with Nazz. Who is a girl. WAIT! WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME!

"Kevin are you, are you alright?" Kevin snapped back into reality. "Uh yeah. Um, you're right Double D." He turned to Nat. "I'm sorry dude." Nat smirked, knowingly. "Hey, it's cool man. We were just playing Edd, really. Don't worry." Edd smiled and shyly looked away, going back to Ed and Eddy. He then joined the other two dorks and began talking to them.

Kevin sat in the desk beside Nat. What had just happened? How could I possibly think this way about Edd? Was it a phase?  Kevin sighed. What the actual FUCK! is happening? Nat giggled again.

"Sooooo" Nat Sang

"What is it, Nat."

"The look you gave Edd was adorable! Made my man parts melt."

"Shut up Nat."

"Do you like him? Love him? ADORE him?"

Kevin's cheeks burned a bright crimson colour, "Shut. Up. Nat." He whispered through gritted teeth. "Awe c'mon! You can tell me! I swing both ways!" Nat said winking. 

"Dude we get it, you suck and swallow." Nat pushed Kevin away playfully. As reassuring as it was to have Nat constantly tell him about his sexuality, Kevin thought, I'm literally as straight as can be. There was no way I could have feelings for Edd! No way! And why now? Why all of the sudden.

He suddenly felt someone looking at him. He looked up and met eyes with Double D. His cheeks turned a little pink. Edd smiled, blushing, and looked away, Kevin's heart racing.

Just a phase... right?