Chapter 16 - "You're under arrest"

The police trace the call...

William stuck with the kidnappers dialed the emergency number at midnight when the kidnappers slept, but, he didn't talk to the emergency as he was scared that he would disturb the kidnapper's sleep, he just dialed it and ended the call. Waiting for hope to arrive he fell fast asleep on the sofa in the main hall of the kidnapper's house.

-At around 3 AM-

Police knock on the door of the kidnapper's home. William although near the door is fast asleep. They knock even more and William wakes up.

William's thoughts after waking up: "knock on the door... hmm... OH, IT MUST BE THE RESPONSE TO MY EMERGENCY CALL!"

William quickly gets up and starts looking for the door keys as swiftly and silently as possible while the kidnappers are asleep.

Police continues knocking: "Hello? this is the police! We have detected an emergency call on this location and we suspect that there's been a kidnapping. We have permission to perform a home inspection."
Another police: "Officer Matthew, I don't think they are going to open the door... I think it's time to break the door..."
Police (Matthew): "hmm, no we are the police we have to let them know, they could be asleep."
Another police: "Or maybe they are torturing the child!"
Police (Matthew): *Sigh* "Well, okay I guess you are right, but, let's just knock and ask one more time."

Officer Matthew proceeds to knock the door and gets interrupted by the sound of the door getting unlocked. The door opens and they are greeted with a five-year-old boy. The police ask the boy his name is and he replies with "My name is William."

The kidnappers wake up, turn on the lights, and approach the main door.

Jake with a sleepy voice: "What's going on over here?"

The kidnappers notice the police standing with William and their eyes widen up with fear and shock.

The police: "you're under arrest."

-Time skip-

The two kidnappers with disappointment and guilt written all over their faces are handcuffed and locked inside a police car.

William hugs the police officer and the police officer smiles at William while ruffling through his hair.

William acting like a kid: "Thank you, policeman!"
The police officer: *lifts him up* "You are the one who is the hero here! Good job kid!"
William: *smiles*

Officer Matthew takes out his walkie-talkie while holding William with his other hand and says another police to report what happened. He then puts his walkie-talkie back into the pocket and places William on his neck and carries him towards the car.

Anthony receives a call and so he accepts the call:

Police: "Hello Anthony! We have good news, we have found William and now he is safely headed home."
Anthony: *deep relief sigh* "Thank you so so much."
Police: "Be more responsible next time."
Anthony: "Yes sir."

_____________________________

Thanks for reading! Really, without you, this book has no purpose. I owe you my deepest gratitude! (◍•ᴗ•◍)

Follow me to stay updated and vote if you like the chapter. (。•̀ᴗ-)✧