Chapter 1: The past meeting the future

Somewhere in a forest a woman stood on a balcony of a hidden house looking out over the forest

"One day my love, this world will be safe enough for you to live in it." She promised her baby with a soft smile "You'll meet you father and he'll never let you go... not like mine did."

"Commander..." A man called as he entered the room "We're waiting for you."

"Thank you Lt, I will be there in a few moments."

The man nodded before leaving

"You my love, you will be safe... here where you will grow knowing the love of a family, one that has never abandoned you parents and will never abandon you. You will grow up loved, protected and cherished." She smiled "And when the time comes... we will be reunited again. I swear to you... our family will not fall."

At nightfall the woman stood in the courtyard taking one last look at the place her child will grow up, a couple made there way to her as she looked through the gates

"Protect him, please.... his the last piece of the man that I love." She stated tears in her eyes "If... if I don't return for him... tell him his mother adored and loved him. Tell him that he is and always be the best thing I ever did. I'm proud of him even when I'm gone because I believe... I know that he will do amazing and astonishing things with his time. Don't hate his father, he never knew but I loved him, even in death I loved him."

"You can..."

"No I can't, that is why I am asking, pleading with you, don't him forget... he is loved always." She turned to the couple "Doing this, leaving him is the hardest thing I'll ever do."

"You don't have to go back."

"I do, someone has to be there." She replied

"He'll know." The woman promised

"Thank you." She replied before getting ready to leave

6 years later

A man held a woman tightly on the ground, from a far it looked like a normal couple hugging but as you got close you could see his tears stained face and the blood stained ground

"Your gonna be okay. Just hang on..." He begged

"Hey, we're going to be together forever... you hold a piece of me, you have our kids."

"I love you..."

"I love you forever..." She gasped "Marco Perry."

He held her as she slipped away, sobbing when she did

Now in the present

"We need to talk to the Military, we have no clue who they are, what there alligies are." A woman argued as she pointed to the team that had recently pulled from a building "I could kill them with the wrong thing!"

"If we do! We risk exposing everything we're worked for!"

"They die if we don't!"

"Enough." A woman called waving her hand as they fell silent

"Commander Hayes by doing this we jeopardize all that we've worked for."

"And if we don't we jeopardize those men lives." She retorted "Call 3 tell him to inform them."

"Yes Ma'am." The woman smirked before leaving

"Are you ready..." Another man asked the woman "Because there no going back from this."

"I know." She replied looking over to the training grounds