Chapter 6

A year aboard a pirate ship Ella and Ashton gotten close, seeing each other as friends. Although Ella still had chores Ashton helped sometimes, Ella learned some rope tying, Ella still sent letters when she could, and when looting many times cap’n Rudy gave quarter, very rarely he gave no quarter.

Out of the blue captain Rudy asked Ashton to bring Ella to his quarters. Ashton wanted to stay but his father sent him to the front of the ship until Ella goes to find him, reluctantly he left for the fore of the ship. “Cap’n?” “Lass ye indeed taught me son not just what i asked for but taught him and me hands archery.” “What is it ye trying saying?” “Thank ye and to where ever ye want to go.” “No need for thanks. Where are we?” Captain Rudy showed Ella a map, then pointed to their location which was close to the kingdom in which she was supposed to be with the royals and guards last year. Taking her finger Ella pointed to the land, saying “stop here for a moment then we will head back over here.” “Ye want travel with us more after arriving there?” “Aye, I feel safe with ye and yer all real nice.” “Nice?” “Me opinion.” “Aye, aye. Tell me son to set sail, north for Cumberland.” “Aye, Cap’n.”

Ella went to the fore of the ship to find Ashton, to explain that they are sailing for two different places. Ashton then went to Strummer who was in control of the wheel at the time of day to change course. Even though changed direction Ashton and Ella still seemed close, until Ashton found out they will be dropping her off at her homeland. Once Ashton found out Ella was leaving he was upset, angry, and kept his distance. For Ella she was sad for the distance and angry at Ashton for being squiffy at night. It got to a point that Ella avoided Ashton at all costs by swabbing the deck early in the morning and staying in the crows nest. By the time they reached Cumberland you’d think Ella and Ashton was strangers or a married couple who never stopped arguing. Ashton made his way to a parlor to drink. Before Ella left she asked everyone to get whatever they needed. Of course Ella ran into a familiar face, captain Boone whom delivered her letter to king Alvin and her guards last year. Ella went up to that captain, “do you remember me? You delivered a letter for me after the pirates let your ship go.”  “Ah, yes. You are off?” “Yes visiting, then they will take me home.” “I can take you home miss.”

“That is not necessary, I feel safer with them, they are friends now and I want continue my journey with them.” “I see, well I hope you have fair winds and do not get hurt along the way.” “Before you go can you watch the ship, I do not want a bounty on them. If an officer appears show him this letter and whatever happens do not show or tell Cap’n Rudy about this letter. Do we have an accord?” “Yes miss.”

Ella then left for the palace to apologize for her no show and explaining what she will be doing. Although King Leonard did not like it he agreed to her wish of returning home on a pirate ship and promised he would not hunt them down. Ella appreciated the king’s opinion, promise, as well as some gold and silver coins.

Ella left the palace, as she hunted down Ashton she came across an interesting way of sending letters, by birds.  Before she continued her hunt for Ashton Ella used a few gold coins to buy a delivery bird, then started her search for Ashton again. Ella spotted Ashton in a pub, “come on.” “I am having rum lass, just go home.” “Ashton I will not make it home if ye stay here.” “Just go!” “Ye want me get yer father so we can go.” “What nonsense are ye spouting?” “Me homeland is elsewhere, we only made a stop, I got us something.” Ashton then looked down, “a bird?” “Tis a delivery bird, I will explain when yer not tipsy.” Ella put down a silver coin down; Ashton reluctantly followed Ella, believing her. “Miss you are back.” “Yes. Any trouble?” “No, here you go.” “Thank you, good bye.” “Fair winds miss.” “You as well.”