Chapter 18

Daria almost a year old and Raina known as Ella been thinking whether to have a small get together, a knock at the door interrupted her thoughts. Since everyone was on the first floor, they all saw who it was when Galvin opened the door. "Prince Arthur." "Ella, everyone." Prince Arthur, his two guards and some stranger came into the house and chatted a bit before going into business about who and why the stranger was there.

While the stranger also known as an artist was setting up his canvas and paints a cannon fired. The only time a cannon fired, close by meant The Dragon's Haul was coming. "Mister can you wait a bit? That cannon fire you heard a moment ago was my husband's signal, telling me he'll be here soon. If possible I want him and his father in the painting." "Of course miss." About thirty minutes later a happy pirate came in. "Ella!?" "Ashton love, Arthur and his family wants give Daria a painting of us for her as an early birthday present. Let us do a partial family portrait: your father, you, me, and Daria." Ashton didn't seem keen on the idea but nevertheless Ashton agreed. After hearing about it Rudy thought it was interesting especially since his son and himself never had a portrait of themselves or family, thus he agreed instantly.

About two hours later the artist finished the painting and was beginning to pack things up while Rudy, Ashton, and Ella looked at the painting. A minute later Ella then asked the painter if he could draw Daria on a small piece of paper. Everyone then looked confused; Ella then explained that she wishes to send it to her parents. Arthur nodded letting the painter know it was a good idea. The painter grabbed a small blank piece of paper, pencil, and started sketching Daria. In 40 minutes or less the painter handed the finished sketch to Ella who smiled happily, thanking him and Arthur. Arthur stayed a few hours to chat with them. Arthur's guards had to remind him they had to leave, Ella gave Arthur the envelope which held a letter and sketch of Daria to mail it to her parents, which he promised he would do.

Two more months passed and one day at the main dock selling the furs, Ella stopped at the post which had an envelope addressed to her. Before thinking about it Ella opened it, a letter from her parents. Her parents were pleased to hear from their daughter who is safe and has a daughter of her own but they didn't like to hear she married a pirate or that she's hiding her identity once again. Nevertheless, they wish to see their daughter and grand-daughter, that she is safe, and will respect their daughter's feelings.