Chapter 12

Early after breakfast prince Arthur was at the inn sitting and chatting while watching the rough looking fellows. "Prince Arthur lets take a stroll." As they got up Ashton got between them and the door. "Ashton know one going to attack us and his guards are watching him secretly." Hesitantly Ashton nodded which gave them the go ahead. Ella and prince Arthur left the inn, Captain Rudy was surprised at his son's actions but then saw his old way too.

Unbeknownst to prince Arthur or Ella they were being followed, not by soldiers but by Ella's husband. Ashton didn't catch what they talked about but a simple sentence he did hear made Ashton, himself go back to the inn.

Prince Arthur escorted Raina known as Ella to others back to the inn and left to the palace. To Ella it was oddly quiet but nevertheless she went to her and Ashton's room where she met a confused and angry looking Ashton. "Ashton what tis wrong? Ye look angry." "I followed ye and overheard how ye made promise with me father. Lets hear it." "What else ye heard?" "Just that. Why? Arrgh, tell me yer promise with me pa." "Nothing and that promise is between yer father and me." "Ye scurvy wench!" Ella then came forward and slapped Ashton, "yer wife said tis nothing yet call ye call me that. Talk to yer pa about it." Ella said nothing else and went to the powder room to try to stifle her tears that were forming. Ashton left to find his father who was sitting downstairs by the fireplace. Both father and son tried to keep their argument quiet, between them but people then looked their way after hearing a slap which Captain Rudy did. Cap'n Rudy then explained to his son about the promise, that Ella falling in love with him was not part of the promise; it was their doing. Ashton sat in surprise for a moment to mull things over then stood up immediately. Ashton went upstairs to apologize to his wife when he overheard Arlene trying talk and calm her friend, Ella down. Ashton then opened the door and walked in. For a very brief moment they stared at each other until Arlene spoke up. "Ella?" "Arlene go, I will find you later." Arlene paused at the door, looked at Ashton and then left closing the door behind her.

Although both Ella and Ashton were in the room neither spoke for a time... "Arlene told me I could stay in another room." "No... I-I" "If ye aint going say anything gangway." "Sorry. Me apologies! I took yer advice and talked to me pa." "I will see ye in the evening." Ella left leaving Ashton in the middle of the room; Ella went to find Arlene to talk and helped if she could.

That evening supper was unusually quiet even for pirates. Once Ella finished helping Arlene clean the dishes; she went to her and Ashton's bedroom. Ashton was already there, looking out the window, Ella went to the powder room to change. After changing Ella got in bed, "ye do not plan to chaulk standing up." Ashton stood there staring at Ella for a moment. "Yer not mad?" "Ye me husband. Mad for no privacy in a town I know is good unless fer squiffy men." "No bout yer promise and calling ye-" "Ye apologized, talked to yer pa... I was and still am mad bout calling me that but all couples argue." Like his usual self Ashton got ready for bed and then got in bed with his wife. Ashton then placed his hand on Ella's shoulder and said "love I am sorry. I thought ye keeping something from or did not love me." "I am sorry if I made ye feel that way. I love ye with all me heart." "Aye, me too." Ashton then scooched closer to Ella and moved his hand from her shoulder to embracing her and again said "sorry." Ella who was on her side moved to lay on her back so she could turn her head to look Ashton in his eyes. Ella then said "I know, I am sorry too." Somewhat hesitantly Ella said "Me past... Ye-" "Aye I do not know much of ye past but I love ye no matter what... Look at me, ye can guess me past with one look. When ye ready and comfy tell me yer past." Ella then smiled which made Ashton smile. "Let sleep love, ye look tired." "Aye." And so both Ashton and Ella fell asleep in each other's arms.

When a week went by they all figured out what to do in the upcoming days and months ahead. At the beginning of the new week Cecil agreed to let Brown Noser borrow his horse to fetch their mate Klutz, who would return his horse and will be staying in town protecting Ella while others went back to the ship and sail for a few more months.