D' Boleuvere & Traveling- Chapter 19

Two years had passed by, some days feel as if it's blurred together, other days feel long and never ending. Daria is now three; Ella, Daria, James, Galvin, and Klutz live in that house three quarters away from the main dock. It also has been three years since Klutz been guarding Ashton's wife and child without doing any privacy. Although Raina known as Ella still uses that bird as a messenger, she sometimes misses seeing Ashton's face especially her parents, who she hasn't seen since leaving D' Boleuvere that day to go to another country for a party.

The Dragon's Haul still comes and visit like the past three years but this time when they visited cap'n Rudy told everyone he is retiring and will stay there at the house with Daria, Ella, James, Galvin, and Klutz. It first surprised everyone but his son and crew wished him well.

The retired captain even pulled Ella aside to give her the old letter of marque telling her it came in hand and wish for his son to have an updated letter of marque. Ella had a somewhat startled and confused look, the old salt apologized for startling her but also confided in her as well. Ella didn't seem surprised to know that Rudy suspected her identity but also promised her secret was still hers. Whether Rudy asked or not Ella was going to write a new letter of marque for Ashton. The day Ashton was going to set sail as the new captain of The Dragon's Haul Ella pulled him aside told him to follow in his father's footsteps and if a government official ship stopped him to show them that letter and to keep it with him no matter what. Once Ella said what she had to her and Daria hugged Ashton good bye.

Having Rudy live there seemed interesting especially how him and Ella chatted especially about her identity; how her supposedly brothers are actually her friends and guards.

A few months later on a particular day Rudy, Ella, Klutz, James, Daria, and Galvin took the buggy and horse to take furs to the main dock to sell. That day to the main dock Rudy commented how Klutz should teach James and Galvin hornswaggle or pirate way with swords, both of the brothers just stared at the old sea dog with no comment while Raina known as Ella just giggled.

While Ella and Rudy waited for James a young boy bumped into Ella and tried to steal her purse but didn't succeed, Klutz grabbed the boy's collar. The boy kicked his legs trying to kick Klutz to escape but couldn't... Ella then spoke up in a soft soothing voice. "Put him down!" Klutz did so but still held the young boy's collar. "Why are you trying to steal?" Th young boy didn't answer, just stared passed Ella as if she was a ghost. Ella followed his gaze which landed on a young girl about the same age as Daria, hiding behind some bushes. Ella whispered to Galvin who left the group as if he was going get a guard, instead he brought back the young girl who was kicking and crying. The boy finally spoke up, "we have no money for food." "You should not steal even if it is for you and your sister." "She is not my sister; I just take care of her." Ella looked at the two children then said "come let us go to the buggy so we can talk." Everyone went to the buggy and sat down waiting for someone to start talking which was Ella. "Tell me why you are taking care of her, and where are yours and her parents?" The young girl started to cry again, "Galvin take her with you, get two apples and some bread. Galvin took the young girl away to buy what Ella asked for, while they were gone Ella repeated her question again. The young boy explained that his father abused and kicked him out of his home, while traveling he met the girl. The young girl was cheerful with parents who took him in until one day some robbers killed her parents right in front of them. Everyone was silent then till Galvin and the young girl returned, "Galvin is the others ready?" "Yes, they are coming now." "Get in the buggy." James and Daria came to the buggy and stared at the kids, "James give me Daria. You are taking the reins." James did what he was told, yet curious about the two youngins sitting behind them.

They arrived at the house, got off the buggy and went inside the house. Ella took the bread out and gave it to the kids. "Do you want stay here?" The two orphaned kids looked at her in question. "Why? I tried to steal from you." "Tis only temporary, until we find caring people to adopt you." "Why not you adopt us?" "Tis complicated." "It is not complicated; you want us or-" a cannon fired and scared the two orphans. "Do not be scared." "I am not scared" said the boy. "We will continue our talk in a bit, my husband coming." "Coming?" "Yes, that cannon fire is his ship."

About thirty minutes later a robust pirate came in the house. "Kids go play outside; Klutz, James, and Galvin go with them." Everyone left leaving Rudy, Ella, and Ashton. Ella motioned Ashton to take a seat, Ella then explained to Ashton once he took his seat. Ashton smiled and said "I married a caring woman. Dad can you fetch Light foot here, please." Rudy left to fetch Light foot Billy; Ashton and Ella chatted until both Light foot Billy and Rudy returned. "Cap'n?" "Ye once said Martha from Juju Island wanted a child?" "Aye." Light foot Billy just stared at them wondering what was going on. "Light foot ye can return to the ship." "Aye, Cap'n." "When ye leave tell the kids to come in except fer Daria." "Aye."

The two orphaned kids sat across from Ashton and Ella, "first I apologized for not asking your names. What are they?" The young lad spoke up "my name is Wyatt, this is Catherine. Cathy for short." "Well Wyatt, Cathy our friend Martha wants a child. She's been wanting one for a while. Are you willing to meet her?" "I suppose. How far is she?" "Far, it will take about two months... We will be sailing." "We, sailing?" "Yes, all of us." "Love-" "Ashton Daria and I am going with ye, and Daria will get a chance to sail." "But other sailors." "We can change the flag to yellow. No arguing, we are all going."