Pirates No More- Chapter 23

It was a year and a half later that Ashton returned which brought happy faces to the children as well as Ella; introductions from John and Luke, the new guards there. For a brief moment Ashton and Ella exchanged gazes at each other. Ella came forward with Merlin and placed the one year old in his father's arm.

Later that day when everyone was asleep Ashton and Ella whispered, talking and apologizing for any hurt. Ashton and his crew stayed on land for nearly two weeks afterward they went sailing once again but this time Ashton promised everyone that he'll return as soon as possible, and Klutz stayed behind to help Ella in anyway needed as well as guarding Ashton's family. Although Klutz stayed behind to help Ella in anyway, Johm and Luke stayed as well, the house was starting to feel small from all the people who stay there. When Ashton and his mates come to visit, the house still felt small even though everyone stayed a board the ship unless they took the buggy to the main dock to buy supplies for the ship.

A couple years gone by and the pirates were still pirating till one year when The Dragon's Haul came back to D' Boleuvere. Ashton brought Ella a board one last time with the crew to discuss about selling The Dragon's Haul. Ella thought it seemed odd for Ashton and crew wanting to sell their ship, Ashton then explained his as well as the crew's reason for selling The Dragon's Haul, which she found was indeed the truth.

Early the next day Ella sent her messenger bird to Alvin's kingdom to tell them about Ashton and his mates selling their ship and asking for a favor which will be returned on a later day. Ella even convinced Ashton to let her be their when selling The Dragon's Haul, Ashton agreed to Ella being there and after two weeks they finally sold the ship. Ashton only knew they sold the ship but Ella knew Alvin sent someone to buy it but didn't expect to see Orson buy it. While Ashton wasn't looking Orson secretly gave his friend, Raina known as Ella a letter. The moment Orson gave Ashton the money and shooked hands, Orson went a board the ship while Ella and Ashton left for their house, that is three quarters a mile away.

After arriving back at the house everyone rejoiced for they knew that meant The Dragon's Haul was sold. As much as the pirates and the guards wanted grog they had to wait until the kids fell asleep. Once the children fell asleep everyone had rum, Ella secretly read her letter from Orson after everyone got drunk and fell asleep.

A few days later Ella asked Ashton her friends what they wanted to do and if they wanted to possibly stay together. They weren't sure why she asked but answered her questions which later Ella wrote letters for them except for Cook and Spyer who stayed at the house. Klutz left with the friends who all went traveling to her palace to get positions as guards.