Chapter 15

Like the letter inscribed the pirates arrived that week, everyone uneasily at first welcomed the two pirates.

When Galvin and James saw which pirates came, they did not like it and James wanted to punch them both but held it together. Cap'n Rudy was able to pull Galvin and James aside to apologize to them both about their first meeting. Galvin accepted the old salt apology while James hesitantly accepted and yet still suspicious.

The first week there everyone was still on edge, and when the second week came everyone slowly accepted it and was starting to feel comfortable especially in the third week... That is until the princess was screaming; the queen sent for a mid-wife which later confirmed that the young lady was in labor. The mid-wife sent everyone out of the room to help deliver the young woman's baby. Now that everyone knew Ella was in labor, they all were nervous for both the baby and mother to be.

The couple hours of pacing until cap'n Rudy said "avast ye landlubbers." The guards and majesties looked at the old salt in wonder, then Klutz said "the captain wants you to stop pacing." Everyone looked at Klutz. "He is-" before queen Sophie could finish her sentence it got very quiet from the bedroom, then they heard crying. The mid-wife came out, "tis a girl. Both mother and daughter are doing good." "Thank you." "Your majesty."

A guard showed the mid-wife out, the queen recommended they all go to bed to rest for the next day. As much as Ashton wanted to go see his wife and child he sat down on the floor after everyone left, Ashton fell asleep on the floor against the wall outside Ella's room.

The day after waking up everyone was back at the princess' door. Ashton knocked gently on the door, walked in, and closed the door before she could say anything. "Me corsair." "Ashton love... we have a baby girl." "Aye. What tis name? Never talked names." "Daria, after ye ma." "Beautiful." Another knock on the door came, "come in" said Ella; everyone walked in. "Ahoy lass." "Rudy... Tis a girl, named her Daria after Ashton's ma." Rudy then teared up a little, queen Sophie said "tis a beautiful name." "Thank you." For nearly an hour everyone was in the princess' room talking and passing Daria around to hold.