Intro ~ "Best Friend"

Hello guys!!
I'm back with a new story~ i get this idea randomly while listening to this song LOL 🎈
This will be a short story with few chapters only~ i hope you'll enjoy this! Lots of love ♥

Story inspired by :
Taylor swift - You belong with me

By : Byun_Nico12

🎀🎀🎀

If only you know that you're the one who always be in my heart

If only you know that you're the one who always be in my heart. Looking at you everyday makes me feels happy, when you talked to me , it makes my heart flutter. If only you'd realized how do i feel towads you, Will i be able to take a place in your heart?

***

I was sitting on the back chair in my classroom. No one was here anymore because class has ended more than an hour ago, yet i'm still sitting and didn't move an inch with a pair of earphones on my ears, connected to an old mp3 player. No one used this player anymore in this modern era. I got mine years ago, but luckily it still functioning.

I throw my gaze out of the window. Looking at the cloudy evening sky, then to the field that started to getting empty, and the sight of students walking together.

I think it'll be raining soon...

I haven't turn my eyes away yet from the view when something caught my eyes.

From here, i can also see a boy who was talking to a girl, who seems like his girlfriend. Both of them looked like they're throwing a fit to each other, their expression didn't look happy and the girl harshly pushes the boy's chest before she turns around and leave the boy alone.

🎶 You're on the phone with your girlfriend, she's upset..
She's goin' off about somethin' that you said
Cause she doesn't .. Get your humor like I do.. 🎶

Krieett..

The classroom door suddenly opened from outside. I turn my face, smiling towards a boy who was now standing infront of the door. With a bag hanging on his right shoulder, and his basketball top, he walks towards me with a huge grin on his face.

"Sorry~ did you wait too long? The coach asked to extend the practice time because the competition is near"

The boy named Hwang Hyunjin says in guilt. He places his hand on the top of my head and lightly ruffles my hair.

I slightly lifted my head to look at him, shaking my head "that's okay.. I have nothing to do at home anyway" i smiles at him.

I pulled myself up and shoves my mp3 player inside my bag. Hyunjin only smiles at me, he circles his arm around my shoulders and we walked out of the classroom.

The sky looked dark already when we're about to go out of the school building. None of us are taking umbrellas so we decided to make a run.

Hwang Hyunjin runs ahead of me meanwhile i followed behind him with my slow legs. I cannot run fast because i'm not an athletic person. I don't like to exercise and i can't play sports at all. It's completely different from the guy infront of me who was the captain in our school's basketball team.

I stopped in the middle of the road when my legs feels too tired to run any further. I panted heavily and I rest my hands on my knees, then it starts drizzling.

I finally choose to walk slowly and the sight of Hwang Hyunjin has dissapeared. I guess he reached his house already with his long legs.

I sighed , walking through the quiet street as the rain starts to get heavier. I don't care the fact that i'm soaked wet already. At least i'm still trying to get home.

Only a few seconds later, the sound of someone running in the rain comes to my ears. It goes closer to me and it turns out that it was Hyunjin. He was panting tiredly and he was also soaked wet like i did.

"I was looking for you but you didn't follow me!" He said with a little anger on his loud tone, he rakes his wet bangs with his fingers then he pulls my hand to walk with him.

"I was tired, you're running too fast" i answered him, staring on his hand which was wrapped around my wrist.

Without i realizing, my cheeks heated up a bit.

"You can just shout out and told me to go slower" he walked besides me and entertwining our fingers. He holds me tightly so that i won't missed his step again.

"I'm sorry.. You shouldn't have mind me and go ahead, look..you're getting soaked too because you came back" i mumbles.

Hyunjin suddenly pulled me to the side, taking shelter on the edge of a closed bookstore. We looked at each other's eyes for the moment but i quickly looked down to our hands which still connected.

"Jinnie.. Your hand.." I stuttered as i tried to release his hand, but he squeezed my hands instead.

"Minnie, why you always be like this?"

I blinked at his question, then lifts my face to face him "what do you mean?"

"You always apologized to me, and you act as if we're a stranger.. It makes me sad , y'know.."

Hearing what he said, makes me lowered my head a little bit.

"I'm so-"

Before i get to finish my word, Hyunjin suddenly lifts my chin with his finger. His eyes are staring close to mine and he squeezed my hand tighter.

"You know , we have been together for 5 years already.. You shouldn't be formal with me, i want you to talk to me freely.. Don't hesitate to ask for my help and open up your mind to me.. You can be selfish with me too.."

His words makes my cheeks turned pink. I was blushing without i realizing. His gentle words, his deep but soothing tone, his eyes, his face, everything was so perfect. I can't take my eyes off from this beautiful creature, but i'm trying to control myself not to show how i trully felt about this person , because..

"You're my best friend, after all.."

Of this...

He never looked at me more than a 'Best Friend' .

🎶 If you could see that I'm the one who understands you..
Been here all along, so why can't you see..?
You belong with me
You belong with me 🎶