Chapter One

A/N Before we start I just wanted to thank you for reading. This book is a fanfic so I don't own my hero academia, I only own my plot and my characters so please don't post or steal this. This book will be also post on Quotev, so if you don't like ads just go read that on there lol. Any-who lets get started. 

Snow colored locks of hair blew and twirled in the wind, the long strands of hair tangling as the young girl stuck her head out the car door window. But she was unconcerned at the rat's nest that would become of her hair instead she watched the lapping of vibrant blue waves crashing upon the grey rocky shore. Occasionally a fine mist of salt water would caress her wind burned cheeks as the black car drove down the long stretch that was the highway bridge. About half of her body was stuck out of the fast moving vehicle, the wind muffled the loud music and hushed conversation her parents were having. The metal door dug into her upper chest as her hands hung limply letting the wind play with them, the confining seatbelt had been discarded the second hour she was stuck in the car, along with her brightly colored trainers in the hope of being more comfortable.

The back seat was a mess of plush pillows and soft blankets, candy wrappers were stuffed into any and every open drink holder. A bottle of half drank pink lemonade rolled around on the ground with each turn they took, it had been five hours now and they were nearing their destination but the girl had long grown restless and bored. She was itching to leave the confining car, long car rides were nothing new to the girl but that didn't make them any more enjoyable. The stress and anxiety of moving to a whole new country only added to the girl's growing impatience, she should have been used to this by now but this was different.

She grew up moving from country to country, never staying in one country longer than five years. Her parents were Professors in Biochemistry, they were well known in their field after making some groundbreaking discovery between the link of having a quirk and their effect on that person's biomolecules. They were highly sought after and college after college offered them a chance to teach at their school. The go getters that were her parents couldn't deny the offers so they moved constantly. But this time they weren't moving because of her parents, no they were moving because of her.

A chance encounter had changed her whole life within a split second. And to be honest she wasn't sure how she felt about that just yet.

"Vallea, stop hanging your head out the window, you're going to get dry eyes!" Her mother yelled at the teenager who loudly groaned in response. "I mean it! I'll roll the window up on your head." Vallea threw her upper body back into the car dramatically knowing her mother would follow through with her threat if she didn't listen. Her mother, Maze, was a loving but strict parental figure, she was the type who never let Vallea go to someone else's home if she didn't know them or had asked at least three days in advance. 

Her turmeric yellow hair was always pulled into a bun, something she learned to do while taking chemistry when she was still in high school, her outward appearance was as strict and professional as her inward. Vallea never once recalled seeing her mother in anything that resembled sweats, instead she wore muted blouses and pencil skirts. The only vibrant parts were her electric blue eyes and ruby stained lips.

"Be nice to her Maze, you know how nervous she is." Her other mother, whom Vallea just called mom, fussed. Ivory was the more gentle parental figure but she was just as strict as Maze, she just let more things go if Vallea gave her puppy eyes. Ivory, like her name, had ivory white hair and skin even though she was a ethiopoan descend, when she was four, Ivory was diagnosed with albinism, with that came a copious amount of health related issues such as sensitivity to light, underdeveloped optic nerves and a high chance of skin cancer. She lost the sight out of her right eye when she was seven years old, she was viewed as a burden when she was just a child and it only got worse with age. No one wanted to date a nearly blind girl who couldn't be out in the sun more than ten minutes without burning, not to mention her fluid sexuality seemed too open minded for that time. It was a stressful time for Ivory so instead she dove into what she loved, which was Biochemistry. She met Maze at a convection for students who had at least had a degree in Biochemistry. And well the rest is history.