Chapter 42

My face is fully healed, and i have no trace of swelling or bruising anymore, which i'm extremely happy about. I just wanted to forget the whole thing, and looking in the mirror and seeing those nasty bruises was only a constant reminder of the horror i went through with Colby.

I was granted both the restraining order, and full custody of Lily. I'm currently living with Ashton full time now. We were spending more time there than we were at Jonah's apartment so it just made sense that we moved in. Although i was a little hesitant at first, i felt like we were moving too fast, but in the end it just felt right.

"Babe, what are we going to do with our day? I can't believe we both have the whole weekend off." I said shaking my head in disbelief. This doesn't happen very often, and i just hope that Ashton doesn't get called in since he's always on call.

"Well we can take baby girl to the park, it's really nice out today, and maybe she'll burn enough energy that she'll go down for her nap without a fight today." He suggested.

"That is a great idea! But one can only hope it's that easy. That little girl has the energy of twenty toddlers put together." I said wide eyed.

"Well we'll never know unless we try. Plus it'll be nice to just get out enjoy the day with my girls." He smiled affectionately.

"Sounds good to me. I'll go get us dressed, then you can keep her entertained while i make us a picnic to take." I offered.

"Sure thing, babe." He leaned in and gave me a quick kiss and i went upstairs with Lily in my arms to get us both dressed out of our jammies. I got Lily dressed in a little leopard print dressed with a dark blue denim button up shirt over top of it. I put nude sandals on her and then tied a leopard print bow around her head.

I got dressed in a white off the shoulder romper with giant red roses all over it, I stepped into my strappy black heels and left my hair in natural waves and put brown smokey make up on with red lipstick. Once we both were dressed i went back downstairs and passed Lily over to Ashton and went into the kitchen to prepare a picnic for us.

I threw together some sandwiches, chips, fruit salad, and some fruit snacks for Lily. I also put a bottle of lemonade in the basket along with some plastic glasses. I was just finishing up when i heard Lily's giggles and squeals getting louder and closer, Ashton came waltzing into the room flying Lily around like an airplane while she squealed and laughed in joy.

"Coming in hot, momma!" He exclaimed flying her right into my arms and i laughed and took her, placing a soft kiss to the top of her head. Ashton grinned at us, and i saw the mischievous glint in his eyes, i narrowed my own at him.

"Whatever you're thinking, don't..." I warned.

"I think the tickle monster is trying to get loose, Lily!" He cried out wiggling his fingers at us and used his other hand to act like he was trying to control the "monster" and was struggling. "Oh no! The other monster is coming out for mommy too!" He exclaimed wiggling both fingers on both hands at us i laughed as i took off running with Lily in my arms, Ashton was right behind us.

"You'll never get us monster!" I shouted, Lily was giggling up a storm as we ran around the couch and tables trying to stay away from Ashton.

"Nooo Nooo!" She giggled with a high pitch squeal. I went to run the opposite way of Ashton around the table, but he quickly stepped over it with his abnormally long legs and wrapped his arms around both of us, pulling us down on the couch with him and started tickling us both. We wiggled and cackled as we tried to get away from him but he wasn't having it.

"Stoppppp!" Lily giggled.

"Stopppppppppp! You win, you win!" I squealed between fits of laughter. Ashton laughed and stopped tickling us, he leaned in and kissed Lily on the forehead and then placed a gentle kiss to mine.

"If the tickle monster is satisfied, can we get going to the park? Momma would definitely like a nap when Lily takes one so we need to wear her out!" I insisted.

"Let's go! He's thoroughly pleased with himself." Ashton smirked. I laughed and rolled my eyes playfully. I love how playful Ashton is with us. He's constantly playing with Lily and doing everything he can to make her happy. It's adorable.

We went and got the basket out of the kitchen and then went out to Ashton's car. I buckled Lily into her seat and then went and climbed into the passenger seat while Ashton place the basket in the trunk.

-At the park-

I watched as Ashton was chasing Lily around, he was currently helping her go down the slides and i couldn't help but smile. They were both laughing and smiling and they looked so happy. It was melting my heart. This is all i've ever wanted for my daughter. For her to be happy and to be loved more than anything.

"You have a very cute little family. He's a good daddy." A little old lady sitting beside me on the bench smile softly at me as she too watched Ashton and Lily. I smiled at her in return.

"Thank you, he's not her father though.." I said softly.

"Could have fooled me! He looks at that little girl like she is his whole world, and she looks at him just the same." The little old lady smiled.

"Yeah, he's a great guy. He loves her like crazy, and she adores him as well." I agreed.

"You got yourself a good one. Not most guys would treat a child that isn't his as if they were. They wouldn't look at that child with so much love." She noted.

"Yeah i really do have a good one." My smile grew as i watched as Ashton lifted Lily in the air and swung her around. Her laughter made it's way to me, and i've never felt so happy in my life.

Ashton brought Lily out of the air and hugged her to him and started attacking her cheeks and face with kisses, she squealed in happiness.

"I really do..." I whispered. Ashton looked up and over at me with a huge grin.

"Come play with us, momma!" He called out.

"Excuse me, i have to go play with my little family now!" I said to the little old lady with a wide smile on my face.

"Go on dear!" She insisted with a grin at me, i returned it and then ran over to my baby and my amazing man.

"Momma!" Lily exclaimed in pure happiness when i walked up to them.

"Baby!" I cheered back, she placed a wet kiss on my cheek and i laughed and gave her a kiss on her cheek. She tossed her arms around Ashton's neck and hugged him with a huge smile on her face. She's such a happy baby.

"Dada!" She cheered. I froze.

I looked over at Ashton wide eyed, he had the same expression as i did. Neither of us knew what to do, what to say. Part of me felt bad, because Colby is her father, she should be calling him that. But then the other part of me didn't give a damn, because he did this to himself. He was distant, and always angry anytime he was around. He never really acted like a real father.

I know he was going through some stuff, but that's no excuse. I don't care how bad my depression gets some days, i don't care how badly i don't want to leave my bed some days, i get up and i take care of my responsibility. I never once take my emotions or anger out on Lily. Ashton has been a stable, strong, and positive father figure for Lily when Colby wasn't interested. So it doesn't surprise me that Lily would call him dada. I just hope he doesn't get freaked out by it...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment and Vote!