4

Chapter 4: Five Months Later

Hisashi slowly opened her eyes, unusual warmth enveloping her body. She came face to face with a sleeping Hisoka, his warm breath fanning against her face. The covers reached up to his shoulders, his arm draped above her. He's pleasantly warm.

She can hear droplets of rain hitting against her roof and the atmosphere was pretty cold. It was Hisoka's warmth that kept her from feeling the cold weather. It's been so long since she felt this, too long that it almost became a foreign feeling to her.

She closed her eyes once again before snuggling even closer to him, secretly liking his warmth. She had nothing else to do this morning, might as well spend her time sleeping beside her enemy.

The second time she woke up, she found herself on top of him. He was still sleeping soundly, hugging her tight. How she got there? She doesn't know. It was still raining but it was harder than when she first woke up. She removed his arms that were hugging her and dropped to his side, careful to not wake him up.

It was weird, knowing that Hisoka is the type of person who would kill anyone, anytime, but here he is now, being clingy towards her and sleeping like a baby. Not to mention that they're each other's enemies. They might really be crazy because here they are, cuddling despite only meeting each other for the first time.

She had noticed that the covers were gone so she sat up, looking for it. She found it on the floor on her side. She shook her head, bent down, stretched her arms, reaching for it. She almost held it, not until she felt herself sliding from the bed. She was about to fall, when an arm held her body.. again.

"This is the second time that you almost fell, Hisa-chan. Just one more and I'll think that you aren't strong enough to be my opponent." She heard Hisoka's voice as he pulled her towards him to stop her from falling.

"You can't blame me. It's in my blood to be clumsy." She complained, crossing her arms and looking at Hisoka whose hooded eyes stared straight at hers. "What?" She asked him. He didn't respond and remained staring at her, using his Bungee Gum to pick up the covers and pull it over them.

"Go back to sleep." He told her, his gaze's intensity remaining the same.

"What's with that look?" She asked, lying down beside him again. Hisoka stayed silent for a couple of seconds before answering her in a serious voice.

"You're making me feel things I haven't felt before. You're making me act the way I haven't before. What's wrong with you?" His face was serious, his voice not having a hint of mischievousness in them. He was different to the Hisoka that she first met. She wonders, is the man in front of her really Hisoka?

"Nothing's wrong with me, it's within you." She answered, smiling at him.

"But you must admit, you liked sleeping beside me, didn't you?" Hisoka mused, the mischievousness back in his tone. She made a face, turning her back at him.

"You sleep like a baby." She teased, staring at the droplets of rain hitting against the window pane.

"Hmmm? Bold of you to assume that you are not like that, too. You almost fell from the bed two times. If it weren't for me, your head would have hit the floor."

"The audacity.." she shook her head, almost annoyed by his words.

Her eyes dilated when she felt something coming her way. She immediately rolled on her bed, falling on the floor with a loud thud to avoid Hisoka's Bungee Gum. She stood up, jumping a few meters backwards to avoid Hisoka's abilities. He was now standing beside her bed, sending attacks to her way. She dodged, jumped back, ducked, and even dashed to avoid Hisoka's Bungee Gum. It would be a pain if it would stick to her.

"What's wrong? Why aren't you attacking me back?" Hisoka asked her. She picked up a large book above the table and threw it towards him. He turned his body to the left to avoid it, chuckling at what she used to attack him. He faced her again, throwing Bungee Gum in every direction there is before dashing towards her. She had nowhere to go now, so she had no choice but to attack.

She smiled at him, making him widen his eyes as he saw how her eyes looked like. The Bungee Gum went past her body making him stop on his tracks.

He felt something sharp pressed against his neck, a voice following afterwards.

"Well?" It was Hisashi. The real one. She was holding a knife against his neck. He smiled, accepting his loss. She's so gooooood.

"I'm guessing that you made that illusion when I dodged the book." She put the knife down, giggling at what he said.

"You're right!" He faced her, placing his hand on his hip. "That's why you shouldn't tear your gaze away from your enemy at the middle of a battle, especially if that enemy is faster than you. If you used En, you might have sensed me going out of the room to get this kitchen knife." She raised the kitchen knife she was holding.

"By the way, how'd you know it wasn't me?" She asked him, picking the book she threw up from the floor.

"Your eyes."

"What about my eyes?" She made her way to the table and placed the book above it before turning to look at him.

"The illusion's eyes had a dull shade of red while yours are vibrant." He answered, staring straight at her eyes.

"You can tell? Just how much staring did you do?" He grinned at her question, pushing his hair back with his fingers.

"More than what you think I did." She blinked at his answer, looking at him with suspicious eyes.

"Even at the bathroom?" She only asked that as a joke but when Hisoka's grin widened, she immediately realized that it was no joke.

"You really are a pervert!" She shouted, cheeks reddening in embarrassment while Hisoka only giggled.

"Don't worry, your body is available for my eyes only."

"Shut it!"

Hisoka watched her as she stormed out of her room with reddened cheeks and flustered face. It was his first time seeing her react like that since she always thought of comebacks or always kept her cool.

"Hmm.." He chuckled, memories of her taking a bath entering his mind.

He also went out of her room, sensing her presence at the kitchen. He made his way towards there and saw her taking out ingredients for her to cook. Her gaze averted towards him, probably noticing his presence.

"Hey, can you cut these vegetables? Full speed." She said, already recovering from the embarrassment she felt earlier.

So she's fast to recover, huh? Hisoka smiled, making his way towards her.

"Sure." They both moved at full speed, pacing back and forth and even bumping into each other. Nevertheless, they continued doing their tasks, taking only a minute of preparing all the ingredients.

An hour later, they already finished eating and washed the dishes, and are now having another battle in which Hisoka lost like the past ones.

Every passing day was like that. Hisoka challenging her into a duel and losing every time. He was making only a little progress but that made him even more motivated. Time passed, it was now more than five months since the first day they met. Hisoka was already living at her house without even a consent from her. She doesn't mind, though.

It was already five months and he was making a good progress. Their battles became longer than usual, and Hisashi was showing more of her abilities. She still haven't shown her full strength, and that was what keeps him going. He wants her to use it against him.

Inside those five months, they became fond of each other without them noticing. Hisoka would join her in her assassinations since they're already in sync. They would be agreeing on everything one second, and the next thing you knew is that they are already after each other's throat. Though their battles always end up with both of them still alive.

Within those five months, feelings started to sprout for each other in which both of them didn't want to entertain, to analyze, and to even recognize. Just how crazy can this get?