39

Chapter 39: Reunion

Pouting while crossing his arms, Midnight glared at the wall in front of him as if it committed the greatest taboo in human history. Hisoka was just looking at his son, amused that a badass kid could react this way. This trait, without a doubt, came from Rei.

"Why is Mom always so good at hiding?" Midnight whined, his eyebrows meeting.

"I can't blame you for that." Hisoka said as he leaned against the wall.  I mean, I've been looking for her secretly these past few years and I still got no clue.

"Oh." Midnight's face suddenly loosened up, looking at him with his mouth formed into an o. "Dad, I forgot to mention that her memories from the past were only about the Quixote incidents." Midnight informed him. He didn't respond to his words and only sighed. He figured so.

"Want me to help you?" He asked his son who looked reluctant to his offer, probably not wanting to bother him. "It's okay. It'll be easy." He assured the kid, brushing his hair back using his fingers.

"Okay!" His son seemed easy to convince. He smiled a little when Midnight also copied his pose, leaning against the wall that he was glaring at earlier. He didn't look like a six-year-old with the way he acts and looks. He seemed like double his age.

Letting his head lean against the wall, he released his Nen in the form of En, covering a vast range of area in Yorknew. Many people flinched at the terrible aura, including Midnight. Many people were looking at his way but he only closed his eyes, looking for Rei's presence.

"Woah! That's terrific!" Midnight commented on his Nen, chuckling at him. When he opened his eyes to look at Midnight, the kid was smiling from ear to ear and he seemed to enjoy his display of aura.

"Let's walk around. We'll find her." He said, offering his hand to his son who immediately accepted it. They walked hand in hand throughout the streets like how normal people does with Midnight telling him stories of the past. He was all ears, smiling when his son was also smiling. He couldn't help it. His heart would explode.

"Hisoka?" Hearing a certain voice, they both stopped walking, looking at the pink haired girl in front of him.

"Machi." Hisoka greeted, raising a brow at her. Machi had a poker face on as she averted her gaze towards the kid.

"Midnight?!" She exclaimed with wide eyes while Midnight smiled brightly at her.

"Yo, Machi-san!" And now Hisoka was confused. How did these two know each other?

"Oh, you two know each other?" He asked, squeezing Midnight's hand.

"Yes, Dad! Machi-san is Flame-chi and Juu's teammates!" Teammates? Flame became a spider?

"Dad?" Machi asked, looking at them back and forth. Both of them only smirked at her, making her widen her eyes a little.

"I see." She said, nodding. "Well, then, I gotta go. The danchou's gonna get mad." She started walking away while Midnight looked at his shirt.

"Machi-san, please remove the needle!" Machi clicked her tongue, removing the needle she previously attached on Midnight's clothes. Tsk, guess I have no choice.

She just doesn't trust Hisoka anymore. Who knows what that man is thinking? He's dangerous as hell and he's a traitor. Midnight needs to be safe in order for the alliance to stay strong and intact.

"It's okay." She flinched, hearing a familiar voice. She looked back and saw a lady with a black cloth mask covering her nose and mouth while leaning against the wall. Her black hair was short and silky, reaching the top of her shoulder blades. Her On eyes were on full show and she was wearing a plain black shirt with cargo pants and combat boots. Both of her hands were in her pockets and she looked cool as hell.