27

Chapter 27: A Quixote's Weakness

"What do you need?" Hisashi asked, pushing Yon who was beside her back. She was in front, with her siblings behind her. The four behind her glared at Niko and Zone, preparing to attack if he makes a move.

"Oh, no need to be wild." Niko laughed, shaking his hand at them. "I am here for business only." He added, squinting his eyes at them. The siblings haven't lowered their guards which only meant that they weren't up for conversations.

"State your business." A smirk formed on Niko's lips when he heard what Hisashi said.

"You really are like him." Hisashi's eyebrow twitched at what he said, knowing who he was pertaining to.

"Tell us your business or we'll attack. You choose." She clenched her fists, showing that she was serious. Ichi started to coat her hands with web, San crouched down, Yon glared at them, while Shi only stood there. Among all the siblings, only Shi wasn't trained for combat. She was trained mentally, and she is designed for long range.

"Ichi Quixote, the spider and the defense." Ichi's forehead creased at what Niko said. Ichi's ability is to use webs to trap or prevent someone from passing. She can also use it to cut people.

"San Quixote, the shadow and the first spy." San scoffed. Due to his ability to manipulate and be one with the shadow, he was often sent to spy on the enemies.

"Yon Quixote, the illusion and the second spy." Yon maintained an emotionless face. Yon is an illusion. He can touch, but he can't be touched. It was perfect for a spy.

"Shi Quixote, the lips of fate and the seer." Shi only pursed her lips, realizing that these men knew about them and their abilities. Shi's ability allows her to do things using only words but it has a limit. She can only do simple things with ease since greater tasks requires large amounts of Nen and in some cases, even her life force.

"And Rei Quixote, the illusionist, the hidden eldest, and the shield." Niko looked at Hisashi with a smirk. She can create, manipulate, and solidify an illusion. She is a bait, a shield, and someone who was born in order to be sacrificed.

"How did you know about that?" Hisashi - no, Rei asked, parting her clenched fists and removing the illusion covering her eyes and hair, revealing her true physical features. Her eyes that symbolizes the On that she possesses, and the black hair that was a common trait for all of the siblings. Red eyes and black hair. Only Yon stood out with silvery hair and eyes.

"Oh, and I know about the existence of On as well." Niko chuckled, shaking his head before tilting it to the side. "You see, Tiago and I had a deal."

"I knew you were up to nothing good!" Ichi said, pointing her palm at him but before she could even attack, chains enveloped her body. San who was about to go in the shadows was also chained. Behind them, two familiar twins got out of the tree. Desune and Pia.

"No! L-" Before Shi could even finish what she was saying, a gunshot was heard, causing Rei to widen her eyes as she looked back and saw Shi whose eyes were wide, a gunshot wound on her left chest.

Everything that happened was fast that Rei wasn't able to react fast. By the time that everything started to sink in, Shi was on the ground, Ichi and San we're struggling to get free from the twin's chains, Yon was battling against Zone while she came face to face with Niko who had a grin on his face.

"How does it feel, Rei? To see your siblings in this state and you're not able to do anything? You see, I have come prepared in case you fight back. I'm glad that we managed to hold you back. I guess you're no Quixote after all."