21

Chapter 21: Terashina Mountain

Back at the Terashina Mountains where the contenders are having a free fall, Gon and Killua were shouting at the top of their lungs due to the adrenaline rush.

"Is she crazy?!" Killua shouted. The other contenders above them were also shouting, their clothes and hair becoming a mess because of the strong wind. Killua and Gon stabilized themselves in the air to have a decent fall, seeing that they were close to the trees of the mountain.

"Brace yourself!" Killua warned, attempting to cover his head and face but a net suddenly appeared below them, making him and Gon widen their eyes. Is it from Silverio? They don't think so. They both hit the net, bouncing up once again in the air before dropping on the ground on their feet.

Killua immediately clicked his tongue while Gon dusted off his pants.

"Where's that old lady?" He asked pertaining to Hisashi and scanning his surroundings using his eyes and keen senses.

"Killua, she's not that old." Gon said sheepishly, scratching the back of his head as he looked up. "Wait, where are they?" Killua looked at him with questioning eyes.

"Who?"

"Hisashi-san and Hisoka. They aren't there." He pointed at the other contenders who were all piled up because they got caught by the net.

"You're right." Killua took a deep breath, placing both of his hands behind his head. "Well, they can handle themselves. Our paths will cross soon enough so let's get going. We have a demon to hunt." Gon nodded at what he said, averting his gaze towards him and smiled.

"You're right! Let's go!"

Not too far from where the net appeared, Hisoka and Hisashi were sitting on a branch in one of the huge trees in the mountain. Hisashi was the one who put up that net before she and Hisoka changed their direction, simply by Hisoka's bungee gum.

As they observed the other contenders, they saw that they were serious and were working hard to look for Scaldric the demon. Their guards were heightened up, and their eyes were sharp as they scanned their surroundings.

"What are they getting so worked up about?" Hisashi asked, crossing her arms and crossing her legs. "They're so serious that it makes me want to kill them all." She squinted her eyes, stopping herself from revealing the bloodlust that she has. Hisoka placed a hand on her shoulder, restraining her from doing anything. This girl can't chill.

"Calm down, you know that we can't get the money if we kill them. And besides, we plan to let them be fodder, right?" She sighed, listening to Hisoka's words before pushing her body backwards. She was hanging from the branch upside down, her leg supporting her body.

"My head is spinning." She mumbled and closed her eyes, making Hisoka click his tongue and pull her back to sit properly.

"That's because you were hanging upside down. Sit properly and be a good girl." He chided, his arm wrapped around her shoulder to stop her from falling. Seriously, this girl is a pain.

"But I am a bad girl." Hisashi said with a pout and crossed her arms. He froze and widened his eyes at what she said. He looked at her and saw that she was glaring at particularly nowhere.

"You don't mean to turn me on at this time don't you?" He asked suspiciously, stopping himself from doing anything to the lady beside him. Hisashi looked at him with wide eyes, a blush creeping up to her cheeks, but thanks to the darkness, Hisoka couldn't see the blush. She just realized what she had said. She pursed her lips, knowing that what she did will surely make Hisoka tease her nonstop. Damn it, force of habit.

"I didn't mean it that way." She denied, averting her gaze in front of them and swallowing the lump in her throat. "How about we get your mind cleaned? It's getting dirty." She tried changing the topic and Hisoka noticed that. He leaned closer, his mouth against her ear and whispered something in a deep, husky voice.

"Come on, you just have to say daddy. It's the magic words." Her eyes widened as she felt knots forming in her stomach. She swallowed, hard, and pushed him away, jumping off the tree. He chuckled, silently applauding himself for the good job of making her flustered and jumped after her. He landed beside her, a grin plastered on his face.

"Damn it, Hisoka, stop." She whispered, making Hisoka laugh and pull her closer to him.

"Let's get going." He turned his back and started walking with his hand in hers but she wasn't following, making him look back at her. She was staring at him, her eyebrows furrowed and there was a clear look of suspicion in her face.

"Where to?" She asked, doubting Hisoka's words and intentions. He blinked at her, a smirk forming on his face. He knew what she was thinking and he couldn't help but to smirk. He taught her well.

"To hide until the time comes, of course. What else were you thinking?" He said, his smirk forming into a teasing grin. Hisashi scoffed, trying to hide the fact that she was embarrassed before linking her arms with him and dragging him.

"Let's go before your dirty mind gets in the way." She nonchalantly said making him laugh. She really never fails to entertain him in any way. She was always so fun to watch, so fun to tease, so fun to fight, and many other things. He wanted to do things to her to see how she reacts, and that's what made him stick to her until this time. Not to mention that their final battle was getting near.

"Oh, is it really my mind that's dirty?" He teased, making her grip his arms tighter, her nails digging in his skin. He chuckled at that, making Hisashi twitch her eyebrows and stop doing it. Hisoka and his fetishes, damn it!

"Shut up, Hisoka." She said through gritted teeth. It was a warning, but Hisoka is not Hisoka if he ever listens to warnings.

"Oh? I didn't mention any name." He continued teasing her, removing her hand around his arm and holding it with his left hand. She didn't seem to mind and maybe even liked it since she also held his hand back.

"Shut up!" He chuckled at her annoyed face, gripping her hand tighter. They were enveloped in silence, Hisoka breaking the ice a few seconds later.

"Ah, and you're awfully clingy today." He said when she wrapped her other arm on his left arm again.

"Just shut up and let me cling to you!" She said with her eyebrows furrowed. Hisoka smiled at her reaction. She gets pissed easily these days, huh? Is her time of the month coming?

"Do as you wish, baby girl." He said, placing a kiss on the top of her head and once again, she doesn't seem to mind. I'll take that as an advantage and keep teasing you, Hisa-chan.

"Don't call me that!" She hissed at him, making him chuckle.

"You just have to say yes daddy in return."

"Hisoka!"

Yukoi and Tasha who were using Zetsu heard the two's conversation, both of them exchanging looks of confusion. They were behind a bush, stalking Hisoka and Hisashi because their curiosity went ahead of them. They were asking themselves, why would an assassin like Hisashi be with the troublesome Hisoka? They make up a great duo, and with them in the competition, defeat is sealed for the other contenders. Well, that was they thought. These two seemed like being exposed to danger is a normal thing.

"Didn't they say they weren't a couple?" Tasha whispered, pertaining to the exchange of words between the two just now.

"They did. But are they really not?" Yukoi whispered back. Their eyes averted towards the two, Hisashi was getting teased by Hisoka once again.

"Then..." they exchanged looks once again, eyes wide.

"Friends with benefits?!"