30

Chapter 30: Code Red

Rei didn't know how much time has passed or where they went. All she knows is that Niko is holding her and they are riding the hawk that became huge. Niko wasn't doing anything that could harm her or hurt her, and she was guessing that it was because he wanted her. Too bad she already had someone else.

Her mind was wandering towards her siblings. How are they? Did they escape? How about Shi? Did they treat her? Is she alright?

"You know, Rei, your father isn't as impressive as I thought." Her thoughts were interrupted when Niko suddenly talked. He wheezed, shaking his head as he looked at Rei in his arms. Since Zone can levitate, he was below them.

"I can't believe I managed to get a hold of all of you and use you to threaten him. Heck, we managed to kill one!" Rei felt blood gush to her head with what he said. Managed... kill... one... Shi?

"I know you're angry and all, but moving is pointless. I now have my hands all over you." His eyes displayed lust and desire as he gazed intently at her. Rei can feel his stares and it angered her even more. All she wanted to do now was to move and kick the shit out of him.

"Since you're only mere weapons to him, I decided to take you, the hidden eldest, as mine. I don't know what happened to the other eldest though." He's talking about Hime. Hime doesn't exist anymore.

"I want to keep you all to myself, have full control over you, dominate you, play with you and all. I want to know you, every inch of you, your blood type, your real eye color, your birthday, your age, your height, everything about you!" He laughed loudly, and she seriously felt shivers down her spine. She felt the hawk land and Niko jumped with her in his arms. She tried to focus and sharpen her senses to sense where they are but failed. The thing that he injected in her really dulled her senses and made her immobile.

"Now that I have you for myself, I'll make sure to not ever let go. You're mine and mine alone." She can feel him walking inside, and more and more walking that she can't pinpoint where they are. Her mind is hazy. Her On wanted to be released. However, her body isn't in the right condition to do so.

He placed her on a soft mattress and she felt that he connected a shackle on her right wrist. She cursed inwardly, hoping to recover faster.

"I'll take your blood now, my Rei." She cringed at what he said but couldn't find the strength to resist. She felt a needle pierced on her skin once again.

Damn it! Damn it! I hate this! Damn! Why can't I move?!

After that, he left, leaving her alone there.

A few hours had passed and she now had the strength to open her orange eyes. She was trying to look for clues of where she was around her but to no avail. The room had no windows, and it only had a bed and a nightstand beside the bed. Other than that, there was nothing else.

She was quite relieved, though. She knows that they can find her. It was still attached to her and if you don't look terribly closely, you wouldn't know it's there.

The door suddenly slammed open, her eyes darting towards it. It revealed a fuming Niko who was glaring at her. He stormed towards her, his hands balled into fists. Inside his right hand was a crumpled paper.

"I had Zone examine your blood and what does this mean?!" He asked, furious as he opened the paper and showed it to her. Her eyes were fixed on one of the results which had an abnormal number and she could only look at him like she was mocking him, making him madder than he already is. He then started spouting things about their future and such, and her ears rang with his annoying rambling.

She used all the force and opened her mouth, whispering something.

"Yon, come forth." She whispered, feeling Yon materialize below the bed. Niko who was furious looked at her, his eyes clouded with anger.

"It was that jester, isn't it?! It's him, am I right?!" He asked, slamming his fists beside her. She only smirked at him and suddenly, Yon attacked him from behind.

He jumped towards the other side of the bed, his eyes shocked as he stared at Yon.

"H-How did you..." He stuttered, blinking.

"You maybe forgot that you are dealing with a Quixote, bastard. The hidden eldest, the strongest, and the shield in addition. Are you stupid?" Yon scoffed as she took a deep breath, gathering all the strength that she had. She suddenly let out a loud breath, her On getting released.

Niko's eyes almost popped out of his sockets when he felt that sensation. The sensation of On.

"Ah, that feels nice." Rei muttered, pulling her right wrist and breaking the shackles in the process. She stood up, stretching her body before looking at Niko with a glare.

"My On is getting wild." She giggled, shaking her head. "Ah, that's because I'm so angry." Niko's hand trembled as he just stood there, not having the strength to move. The terror, the chills, the terrible aura that comes from her rendered him immobile.

"H-How..." He couldn't even finish his sentence.

"You must have known that my orange eyes are illusions, right? Didn't you wonder why my eyes are orange the moment you saw me? Oh, you should've wondered why I was opening my eyes in the first place!" She smirked, crossing her arms. "That liquid you injected me was supposed to keep me put for 24 hours before the effect would start to wash off, right? Remember that you ain't dealing with just a girl."

She turned her back, tapping Yon's shoulder.

"You can take care of him. I'll take care of the other." She said and was about to start walking when a familiar voice was suddenly heard from the door, making her eyes dart to it.

"It's okay, we've taken care of him already." It was Illumi who was staring at her with his blank eyes, behind him was Hisoka who was smirking. She met Hisoka's eyes, smiling at him before walking towards them, her On displayed before their very eyes as Yon started to beat up Niko in the background.

"What time is it?" She asked as she got closer to them, Hisoka encircling his hand around her waist when she reached him.

"It's already 12:30 and we are kind of late." She widened her eyes at that. It was noon when she was taken. She didn't know what took up most of the time. Travelling, or waiting?

"That's because you put up a chase in which only you enjoyed." Hisoka pointed out, raising a brow at Illumi.

"If you only told me already that it was Code Red, I shouldn't have done that." Illumi retorted in his oh-so-monotone voice.

"Oh, wait, what does Code Red even mean?" Hisoka asked as they started to walk away, leaving Yon who was obviously enjoying the task left to him.

"It was meant for this scenario. After this, we have to go to another place and steal the caged." Rei answered, a meaningful smile on her lips. "And you and Illumi aren't allowed to join, Hisoka."

A/N:
I'm already kind of nocturnal so I wrote this at 4 am and posted without rereading coz i'm a lazy ass midget. Hope it turned out alright though.