18

Chapter 18: The Dyad Warfare Kickoff

"Greetings, my fellow fighters!" The man above the platform said, catching everyone's attention. "Standing in front of you today is Hariko Silverio, the host of the Dyad Warfare! It's fancy seeing all of you gathered here."

"And now that you are all complete, let us now start the Dyad Warfare Kickoff!" Silverio in front started to talk about the warfare that was about to happen.

The Dyad Warfare is a competition between 28 people, 56 people in total, which determines which pair is the strongest, the fastest, and the smartest fighters among all contenders. The contenders will be deployed to Terashina Mountains at 24:00 later from the air. The objective of this warfare is to kill the Demon lurking in the mountains first to get the 300,000,000 Jenny price.

The Demon they were about to hunt is a demon who suddenly appeared at the top of the mountain, saying that he came from the deepest parts of Gehenna and that his name was Scaldric. Silverio himself saw the demon with his own eyes, and he himself felt the terror of seeing the demon devour his comrades. The demon had a huge bod, his skin was black and his eyes were glowing red. His horns and claws were long and sharp, and he is capable of disguising himself as certain people or animals to catch his own prey. The demon was unable to leave the mountain because of Silverio's fireballs constantly circling the foot of the mountain at a fast pace.

The demon was said to have victimized fifty people already, and that defeating him with normal soldiers is impossible.

"So are you telling us that we would be sacrifices?!" One of the contenders exclaimed, earning nods of agreement from others.

"No, you are not to serve as sacrifices." Silverio answered. "You are all not just normal soldiers and citizens, aren't you? Some are pro Hunters, some are Nen Users, we have five Ninjas, and we even have two assassins among us all. So, I definitely guarantee you that you are not going to be sacrifices, and instead, you are all going to be hunters and killers of this said demon."

Hisashi clicked her tongue with what he said. "He's good at motivating." She said, earning a hum of agreement from Hisoka. She can feel his hand drop to her waist, then down, and down, and down, until she had to slap his hand away.

Silverio continued talking about the rules, saying that killing a co-contender is prohibited and disqualification is the punishment in breaking this rule.

He also said that as long as the demon is alive, no one gets to leave the mountain which earned numerous dispute.

"As I have told you, you are all skilled fighters. You being here is not a coincidence, and instead the byproduct of your honed skills, brute strengths, and polished minds. Killing this demon won't take too long, knowing that all of you have more than enough strength in defeating your target. You have the skills, the speed, the strength, the mind, and the mental fortitude that  a normal soldier lacks." Silverio spread his arms, his face full of conviction.

"Fighters, you are all the product of hardwork and immense training that a normal person could not handle. You have been through life and death situations, putting your life at risk, and even defeating opponents for you to get victorious. Trust in your abilities, trust in yourself, trust in your skills and your experiences, and behold, you have already won the battle." Series of cheers erupted with what he said while Hisashi cringed. Even Killua and Gon were happy with what Silverio said.

"That's so cheesy." She said with a grimace while Hisoka grinned. "I don't get why they like it."

"That's normal for simpletons and for people who were about to face death. They cling on the little hope in front of them and treat it as their gods. As if only believing that you would win could actually make you win. These cheers of conviction will soon be cries of agony, I know it." She took a deep breath at what Hisoka said.