19

Chapter 19: The Warfare Starts

"So remember, no one gets to leave the mountain as long as the demon is still alive." Silverio reminded, the contenders nodding at his statement. "And when you have exterminated it, press the button on your bracelet. Failure to press it after a week would mean that you have all failed your task."

As the others listened to what Silverio was saying, Hisoka and Hisashi were in the corner, Hisashi slumped on the floor.

"I'm tired." She mumbled, earning a smirk from Hisoka. They obviously weren't listening to Silverio's words right now. They were about to jump any minute from the airship now to get to the mountain, and Silverio was giving them final reminders.

"I had no other choice, Hisa-chan. It did make you calm down, didn't it?" Hisoka asked with a smile making her scoff.

"Who wouldn't?" Her answer made him chuckle while she rolled her eyes.

"You two there." Silverio suddenly said, making the both of them look at him. The others were also looking at them and it seems like they are under the spotlight now. "I know the both of you are strong and all, but will you please listen to my words? Being oblivious would really have a great cost."

Hisashi rolled her eyes once again, burying her face on her knees that she was hugging closely against her chest. She doesn't have the energy to be sarcastic today.

"And so? Being oblivious is exciting. I don't see any wrong in that." Hisoka answered, probably sensing that she doesn't have any sarcastic remark for that.

"You are putting your life in risk just by not listening." Silverio pointed out, his eyebrows meeting.

"Even if we did listen, we are putting our lives in risk even more."

"Enough of that bullshit! Why don't you just shut your mouth?!" One of the contenders with orange eyes shouted, making Hisoka twitch his eye.

"Bullshit, you say?" He asked in a low voice, giving emphasis to every word. He, then, threw his card towards the one who said that, making everyone gasp when it hit the cheek of the orange-eyed fellow.

"Fine, then. We will shut our mouth, and in exchange, it will cost all of your lives."

Killua and Gon who were watching from the other side of the room exchanged looks, oblivious as to what Hisoka meant by that.

"Is he going to kill everyone, Killua?" Gon asked Killua, holding the strap of his backpack.

"I don't think he's talking about killing everyone. It was rather getting everyone killed." Gon blinked his eyes in confusion, smiling sheepishly at Killua who sighed. Killua wasn't surprised that Gon didn't understand.

"Hisoka was talking about us getting killed not by him but by another person. He was saying that if we listened to Silverio further, we would be putting our lives in risk more." He explained at Gon.

"What? Silverio-san was teaching us. Why would he put our lives at risk?" He really is too innocent for this world. Killua thought, averting his gaze towards Hisoka.

"Hisoka and Hisashi were too skeptical with this warfare. Knowing that it was those two, they surely found a hole in this warfare."

"A hole?"

"That's right. If there's nothing wrong, then they would just stay still. Ah, that reminds me. Earlier, I saw the both of them getting cornered by Silverio's men." When that incident happened earlier, Killua was at the end of another hallway, staring in shock.

"Why would Silverio's men attack them?" Killua put both of his hands on his nape.

"I don't know. If they were causing trouble, then it would be reasonable. But the question is, what did they do?" Gon put his hand on his chin, thinking about what Killua said.

"You told me that Hisashi-san is the Crazy Assassin who killed more than you did, right?" Gon asked, Killua nodding.

"Yeah."

"And she's with Hisoka, and Hisoka loves fighting. If they really did anything against Silverio that made him send his men, then their mistake should be bloody."

"Gon, don't forget that they're both smart." The two boys went silent, thinking hard. They didn't know why it troubled them so much. Probably because everything's strange?

Like how Hisoka argued instead of killing, how Hisashi was silent all throughout, and how Silverio sent his men to the pair to probably eliminate them. Eliminate them for what?

When Killua turned his head to look at Gon, he made a face. He can literally see smoke coming out from Gon's ears.

"Idiot, stop thinking too much." Gon immediately turned to look at Hisashi and Hisoka.

"But Killua, if Silverio-san's fireballs were strong enough to be hard for us to pass through, why wouldn't he use it to defeat the demon? The price was quite huge, too. It wouldn't make sense if he just wanted entertainment and if he just wanted to waste money–AH!" They both flinched when someone suddenly landed in front of them, one knee touching the floor and the other bended, her head hung low. When she raised her head, the both of them widened their eyes, seeing blazing red orbs.

"Hisashi-san." Gon called out her name.

"You shouldn't talk about that here, you idiots." She said seriously, standing up before looking back. They both looked at where she was looking and saw Hisoka fighting against Silverio's men. The other fighters were stopped by Silverio from joining.

"Silverio, how about the warfare starts early?" Hisashi asked loudly, catching Silverio's attention. She didn't let him answer and just ran, dragging the two boys with her.

"Hey, wait!" Killua protested as they ran in the hallways.

"Hisashi-san, how about Hisoka?!" Gon asked, making Killua look at him with a glare.

"Are you seriously worried over that pervert?! Are you an idiot?!"

"Why?! Is worrying already forbidden?!" Hisashi only shook her head, stopping in front of a glass and kicking it forcefully. It created a loud, shattering sound, followed by a very strong force of the wind that suddenly entered.

"Eh?! Hisashi-san, what are you doing?!" Gon asked Hisashi who looked back at him.

"As I've said, the warfare will start earlier."

"Oi, wait! Wait! Are you crazy?!" Killua asked, wide-eyed. Hisashi only smirked at him, her eyes widening a little.

"I am crazy." She suddenly pushed the two boys off the airship making them scream. She then jumped after, and as the two boys were falling below her, they both saw Hisoka follow after her.

Hisashi shifted her body so she would fall back first, her eyes meeting with Hisoka who was smiling at her. Hisoka let out a burst of Nen from his feet to reach Hisashi. He, then, encircled his arms around her waist as she smirked at the people who were staring at them from the ship.

"The Dyad Warfare starts! Whoever doesn't jump will be considered as losers!" She shouted and giggled, holding Hisoka's arm as the people above felt their blood boil hearing the word loser.

"Hey, everyone, calm down! Just wait a couple more minutes–" Silverio was suddenly cut off by one contender.

"Screw that! I'm jumping! I'm not a loser!" A red-haired man said and jumped, someone following after him that may be his partner. The others agreed with what he said and jumped after him. Silverio could only stare at them in shock.

When no one was left, he clenched his jaw and fists, feeling anger surge in his body.

"Those bastards." He mumbled with two people pictured in his mind. "I swear I'll kill you, Hisashi and Hisoka." He took his phone out from his pocket and dialed a number, putting his phone's speaker against his ear.

He was about to keep his mouth shut and let her participate peacefully, and that once she does something to ruin his plans, he will also ruin her life. And now she did it. He shouldn't have planned in staying silent all this time, because it's her, and if it's her, expect the worst case scenario to happen.

"Hello, Niko? I have some news for you."