37

Chapter 37: The New Spiders and the Morow

"Was that the last one?" Roku asked, turning his head towards Flame who was holding a bloody dagger.

"Yeah." She breathed out, turning her head to look at Juu and Ku who were on the other side. Ku was waving frantically at them with a wide smile on his face despite his clothes full of blood while Juu nodded at her.

They're inside a certain mansion with dead bodies of Quixote Mafia members around them, their blood painting the walls and the halls of the wide mansion. No one was left breathing except the four of them. Looking at all of them, they all changed drastically. Basicalky, their glow up was amazing. Especially the two youngest among them all, Juu and Flame. Juu was already 19 while Flame was 18. They were once midgets of the same height but they both grew up into such fine persons. Juu became the tallest among the siblings with Flame reaching his neck, also making her the tallest among the girls.

It was the seventh year since the day that the others were freed, and today was the day they are supposed to give Tiago a sign that they are back. Tiago became even richer and tried to search for them throughout those seven years but he always ended up failing. Like the past, Rei, Ichi, San, and Yon waited for seven years before attacking. Why seven? Nothing. It was all just a coincidence.

"Alright, then. We gotta go to the little Danchou." Juu said, flicking the blood from his hands before looking at Flame.

"If Feitan hears you, you're dead." Flame looked at him with such seriousness that it made him laugh.

"He wouldn't. And if he does kill me, I'll bring his umbrella with me."

"Stop joking around, Juu. Danchou has ears everywhere."

"Oh, really? Then, hi, midget Danchou!" Flame could only sigh and facepalm at Juu's silliness before shaking her head.

"We'll leave you to report to Sensei. We got Troupe duties." Flame said, turning her head towards Roku and ignoring Juu who kept on shouting taunts to the new boss, Feitan. Ku was already beside Roku when she turned around and he was saluting at her.

"Yes, ma'am!" Ku said jokingly, winking at her. She once again shook her head, reminding herself that they are Quixotes and not random people from a mental asylum.

Juu and Flame became the new members of the Phantom Troupe ever since Chrollo left. They've been spiders for almost seven years, too, and they have gotten used to the life they have now. It was like everything they're doing including stealing and killing is as easy as blinking. That's what they used to make the Troupe agree into joining an alliance with them, anyway. Both of them volunteered to join since it would also mean more and more training, and they surely didn't disappoint. The strength they have now compared to their strength seven years ago had a really huge gap and it only showed how much they have improved.

It was the two of them who improved a lot the most, but it didn't mean that the others were left behind.

Ichi's webs became harder to break.

San became even more stealthy and he can use the shadow to immobilize other people.

Roku can make an army made of bedrock.

Shichi can already fuse with the beast that he controls and it allows him to use and enhance its traits.

Go can now create clones and can leave them to act according to what purpose they were made without controlling them.

Yon is now an independent being and he doesn't rely on the energy from his creator anymore.

Ku can now manipulate the mind and body of those who were hit by his arrow.