12

Chapter 12: Breaking Through the Illusion

"What do you plan on doing now?" Hisoka asked Hisashi as he sat on her bed.

"What do you mean?" She asked, glancing at him and back to the drawer where she was looking for something.

"You're being chased, right? Now that they found you, what do you plan on doing? Shouldn't you escape?" Hisashi chuckled at his question.

"You didn't realize it, didn't you?" She asked, turning her head at him. His eyebrows met, confused of what she said.

"Realize what?"

"My place is protected by an illusion." She explained, closing the drawer before facing him. "What they see from the outside is a forest, so they can't see my place. And also, when you believe that it ain't real, it can never be real." She winked at him, walking towards the window and looking at the dark forest surrounding her house.

"You mean to say that when the people outside doesn't think that your house is really here, they will completely succumb into the illusion and never find your house as long as it believe it doesn't exist, right?" She looked back, pointing at him like she was about to shoot him.

"Bingo. And since you were with me when you first came here, the illusion wasn't effective to you, and you continued to believe that my house is here so you didn't get lost."

"The soldiers a while ago.. how did they get here?"

"I was too focused on healing myself that there was no aura left for the illusion. So they spotted it, and baam, they got me." Hisashi looked outside the window again, releasing a loud sigh as droplets of water hit her windowpane.

"Aren't you worried that they might catch you?"

"Worried?" She scoffed, a creepy smile forming on her lips. "I'm rather thrilled. I've been waiting for this opportunity to arrive, I've been waiting for them to come to me, so I'm not worried." She looked back at him, the dangerous glint in her eyes were dominating. "Everything that's happening is according to my plan. Soon enough, I would get even closer and closer until I will be able to reach my long-term dream."

He went silent for a few seconds, letting Hisashi cool down before talking once again. "Are there people helping you?" He asked, letting his body fall onto her bed.

"Mmh-hmm." She hummed. "We were originally six, but now.. I don't know." She plopped beside him, her eyes fixed on the ceiling.

"Do you think you can carry it out alone?" He knew he was full of questions but he couldn't help it. He has to ask, or his mind won't let him sleep.

"I might manage, but I might be giving my life for it so it's pointless." She answered truthfully, closing her eyes. "I'm powerful and strong, but I don't think I would be able to reach my objectives without them."

"I've been meaning to ask this for a long time already since you were so good at hiding your abilities, but.. how strong are you, Hisa-chan?" Hisoka turned his head to look at her and saw that she was smiling.

"How strong am I? Hmmm, if I tell you about my abilities, you will think that I'm invincible, that's for sure."

"What if I don't?"

"You're just trying to make me say my abilities." She laughed, opening her eyes. "But then, there's no harm in telling you." She turned her head to him, meeting his gaze. "I don't know how strong I really am, I don't know what I can really do. My ability is too void, and that gave me infinite options as to what I can create." His eyes squinted at what she said. It almost sounded absurd and unreal, but knowing it was her, he knew she wasn't kidding.