24

Chapter 24: On

"Well, that's too bad." When Hisashi opened her eyes, the two girls immediately staggered backwards while Hisoka's eyes widened. "I'm not a Nen User." Her irises are yellow and her pupils are a shade of red, the other parts of her eyes were bloody red. Waves of terror struck the two girls who froze on their places while Hisoka was speechless.

Hisashi ignited the fireworks before stretching the bow string with ease and firing the arrow at the sky as if the chains didn't affect her. It didn't tighten on her movements which only confirmed that she isn't a Nen User. The Fireworks exploded in the sky, signaling that the demon was already dead. As she was facing the sky, she eyed the two girls sideways, smirking.

"Boo." As if on cue, both let go of each other's hands and ran away, the chains wrapped around Hisoka disappearing. Hisashi sighed, shaking her head before darting her eyes towards Hisoka who was staring at her in shock.

"That's your real eye color, isn't it?" He asked, his eyebrows meeting.

"Yeah." Hisashi answered as she tossed the bow in the air, the item disappearing.

"Then, about you not being a Nen User.. what was that?" He asked once again. He was confused. How did she not become a Nen User? Why are her eyes like that? From the start, he knew that her aura was quite different, but did that mean that she isn't a Nen User? If she's not a New User, then what is she? Where did she get those abilities? Is she just playing along?

"I really am not a Nen User." She answered, making her way towards Killua. "It's called On, a strong power that only activates because of the grudge you hold deeply in your heart." She explained briefly, making him shake his head in disbelief. Was there really such a thing like that?

"I haven't heard of that before. Are you sure you're not bluffing?" He asked, his voice coated with seriousness. Hisashi bent down in front of Killua and tapped his cheek in an attempt to wake him up.

"I'm not. I can't blame you, though. On is really, really rare that only those who have very strong grudges can acquire that." She turned her head to look at him and her eyes were once again orange. She masked it with illusion, huh? So that's how she's been hiding her eyes all along. He thought, his eyes squinting at her. Just how many and how much has she been hiding from him?

"A grudge,  huh?" He mumbled, heading towards Gon. Only those who have really strong grudges can acquire On. How deep is her grudge? What is the reason? Just how much did Hisa-chan go through to have that kind of grudge? He's being curious as time passed. He knew that Hisashi couldn't — or more like, wouldn't tell him yet. And so, he has to keep those questions to himself, and another option is to find out without asking her. The question is.. how?

He picked Gon up just as the same time Hisashi called his name out.

"Hisoka." He turned around and saw her carrying Killua who was still unconscious.

"Don't tell anyone." She said, shaking her head.

"I won't."

"Promise me."

"Fine, I promise not to tell anyone." She smiled at him before turning her back. He only stared at the back of her head, dismissing the terrible feeling in his chest. He doesn't truly know her. He only knew her name and her personality, and not her back story. He couldn't blame her from hiding those things from him. He sighed, following Hisashi's steps. She had no obligation to tell him everything. He's just no one, after all.

On the other side of the mountain, Yukoi was standing on a branch, roaming his eyes on their surroundings to look for the two people that they have been stalking, Hisashi and Hisoka. Tasha was below the tree, also looking for the two.